From: Sandra Kachelmann on
On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Sandra Kachelmann
<s.kachelmann(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Sandra Kachelmann
> <s.kachelmann(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> No, that's not what -G does.  -G makes portmaster handle the options screen
>>> similar to portupgrade eg waiting to ask you until it runs into it.
>>>
>>> Setting BATCH=yes in make.conf does work, maybe BATCH?=yes breaks it, my
>>> make.conf fu is only sightly better than it documentation which isn't much.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Adam Vande More
>>
>> OK, that does work:
>>
>> Setting BATCH=yes in /etc/make.conf and running:
>>
>> $ portmaster --no-confirm -G /usr/ports/x11/xorg
>>
>> But is there really no way to specify it as argument of portmaster?
>>
>> Sandra
>
> Think I found it:
>
> portmaster --no-confirm -G -m 'BATCH=yes' /usr/ports/x11/xorg
>
> This seems to do what I want. Still --batch would be nice - guess I'll
> create a shell alias.
>
> Sorry for all the lame questions - it seems that I want something
> really special nobody else is interested in.

Hmm...

I just tried to update an outdated system with:

$ portmaster --no-confirm -G -m 'BATCH=yes' -a

after a while it asked me whether I want to delete pcre - so -m
BATCH=yes does not work.

Sandra

From: Adam Vande More on
On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Sandra Kachelmann <
s.kachelmann(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hmm...
>
> I just tried to update an outdated system with:
>
> $ portmaster --no-confirm -G -m 'BATCH=yes' -a
>
> after a while it asked me whether I want to delete pcre - so -m
> BATCH=yes does not work.

Come on, please read the man page.

--
Adam Vande More

From: Freddie Cash on
On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Sandra Kachelmann
<s.kachelmann(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> I just tried to update an outdated system with:
>
> $ portmaster --no-confirm -G -m 'BATCH=yes' -a
>
> after a while it asked me whether I want to delete pcre - so -m
> BATCH=yes does not work.

What's the exact message? Is it asking about deleting old distfiles?
There's an option to always delete (don't ask) and another option to
always ask. It's -d (just delete the distfile, don't ask) and -D
(always ask before deleting a distfile).

If not, what's the question being asked?

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash(a)gmail.com

From: Sandra Kachelmann on
On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Freddie Cash <fjwcash(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Sandra Kachelmann
> <s.kachelmann(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I just tried to update an outdated system with:
>>
>> $ portmaster --no-confirm -G -m 'BATCH=yes' -a
>>
>> after a while it asked me whether I want to delete pcre - so -m
>> BATCH=yes does not work.
>
> What's the exact message?  Is it asking about deleting old distfiles?
> There's an option to always delete (don't ask) and another option to
> always ask.  It's -d (just delete the distfile, don't ask) and -D
> (always ask before deleting a distfile).
>
> If not, what's the question being asked?

Here is another one:

test -z "/usr/local/share/common-lisp/source/gpg-error" ||
.../.././install-sh -c -d
"/usr/local/share/common-lisp/source/gpg-error"
install -o root -g wheel -m 444 'gpg-error-codes.lisp'
'/usr/local/share/common-lisp/source/gpg-error/gpg-error-codes.lisp'
cd /usr/ports/security/libgpg-error/work/libgpg-error-1.8 && install
-o root -g wheel -m 444 AUTHORS ChangeLog NEWS README
/usr/local/share/doc/libgpg-error
===> Running ldconfig
/sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib
===> Registering installation for libgpg-error-1.8

===> Cleaning for libgpg-error-1.8

===>>> Updating dependency entry for libgpg-error-1.8 in each dependent port

===>>> Upgrade of libgpg-error-1.7_1 to libgpg-error-1.8 succeeded

===>>> Delete libgpg-error-1.7.tar.bz2? y/n [n]

Sandra

From: Sandra Kachelmann on
On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Adam Vande More <amvandemore(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Sandra Kachelmann
> <s.kachelmann(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hmm...
>>
>> I just tried to update an outdated system with:
>>
>> $ portmaster --no-confirm -G -m 'BATCH=yes' -a
>>
>> after a while it asked me whether I want to delete pcre - so -m
>> BATCH=yes does not work.
>
> Come on, please read the man page.

Ignore me if you don't want to help. The man page is too huge.

Sandra