From: Dominic Fandrey on
On 07/08/2010 02:46, Adam Vande More wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Doug Barton <dougb(a)freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> On 08/06/2010 15:03, Adam Vande More wrote:
>>
>> for pkg in /var/db/pkg/* ; do
>> pkg_create -b $pkg
>> done

You guys are loosing opportunities to boast with your shell one liners

# pkg_info -Ea | xargs -n1 pkg_create -b

Regards

--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

From: Anonymous on
Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze(a)bsdforen.de> writes:

> On 07/08/2010 02:46, Adam Vande More wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Doug Barton <dougb(a)freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On 08/06/2010 15:03, Adam Vande More wrote:
>>>
>>> for pkg in /var/db/pkg/* ; do
>>> pkg_create -b $pkg
>>> done
>>>

> You guys are loosing opportunities to boast with your shell one liners
>
> # pkg_info -Ea | xargs -n1 pkg_create -b

Why do you need xargs(1) when pkg_create(1) supports regexps as well as
simple globs?

$ pkg_create -b \* # all packages
$ pkg_create -xb firefox # only firefox

From: Eduardo on
Just curious, is it really true that portupgrade is "abandonware" ?

I think I have seen some updates to it on the ports tree in the last
six months ...

thanks,
-Ed.

From: Torfinn Ingolfsen on
Hi,

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Freddie Cash <fjwcash(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> However, as a user of portmaster, I would like to say that just
> because portupgrade (or portmanager, or port-tool-of-the-month) has a
> specific feature, doesn't mean it absolutely needs to be added to
> portmaster.

Agreed.

> Personally, I can say that in my many years of using port management
> tools (on firewalls, routers, servers, and desktops), I have never had
> a need for a feature like this.

IMHO, it goes both ways: just because you haven't needed a feature in
portupgrade (or other tool) doesn't mean that such a feature isn't useful
for other users.

HAND
--
Regards,