From: George Kerby on

On 6/26/10 11:19 AM, in article
4260f59d-463f-4430-9e2d-cfb7b6182ba3(a)w31g2000yqb.googlegroups.com,

<http://tinypic.com/r/fxqmh/6>

From: whisky-dave on

"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On 24 jun, 14:55, "whisky-dave" <whisky-d...(a)final.front.ear> wrote:
>> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> On 23 jun, 14:55, "Tim Conway" <tconway_...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> > "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > On 23 jun, 08:22, rfisc...(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>>
>> > Isn't that what we've been saying all along? I don't want anyone taking
>> > my
>> > photos without my permission. Nor do I yours.
>> >Then you have to keep your photos of the internet.
>>
>> So how do you manage that then.
>> I';ve seen anything from van goth to rolf harris on the internet.
>> How would van goth keep his pictures of the internet considering he
>> wasn;t
>> alive when they were put on it.
>
> If they are not alive, they can't object to their creations being
> shared anyway.

I;m sure that if yuor father created something worthwile and yuo could make
money out of it I can#'t see you saying let everyone have it for free.

>> Yep, true but we aren't talking aboput peolpe that do that.
>> I haven;t seen any software vender just throw their software out on the
>> street.
>
> There software is freely available on p2p networks anyway, so if they
> had wanted
> their software to remain in their possession, they shouldn't have
> published their software, because that way it inevitably ends up on
> p2p networks.

You shouldn't have put your photo on-line if you don't want people
downloading it
and claiming you are a paedophile.
You have published your image so people can do with it what they want can't
they.

>> What if someone comes in to your home and takes your photos.
>
> Well.. owning physical property is a human right and I'm an advocate
> of human rights.

But who owns what ?

> So if people break into my house, I can go to the police and report
> the crime and hopefully they are willing to help and find the
> perpetrators.

But you must have published your address.

>> > If you simply keep your photos to yourself, nobody will break
>> >into your house to obtain a copy of your photos to share with others.
>>
>> They would if they thought they were worth anything, have you ever been
>> broken in to ?
>
> If they break into my house, I don't care that much if they take my
> pictures or other digital content, because I have several copies in
> several locations. So it's unlikely they will break into all places
> and take all copies.

What if someone takes your photos and sells them on-line is that OK.

From: whisky-dave on

On 25 jun, 09:08, rfisc...(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> sobriquet <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> Isn't that what we've been saying all along? I don't want anyone taking
> >> my
> >> photos without my permission. Nor do I yours.
>
> >Then you have to keep your photos of the internet.
>
> And if you don't want your wallet stolen then don't carry it with you.

No, more like: If you don't want others to take your money, then don't
deliberately scatter
your money out on the streets wherever you go.

How many people do you think get mugged because they have
deliberately scatter their money on the floor.
Do you really think bank robbers go into a bank because they have heard that
people are scattering their money on the floor.
Is that why you think the robbers shout get on the ground ?

> Don't want your car stolen? Don't leave it where a thief can get at it.

If you don't want your car stolen, don't leave it out in a busy spot
with the door open and the keys in the lock and expecting it will
still be there
if you check on it after a few years.

How many peolpe does this happen to in teh real world ?

If you don;t want to be raped, mugged beaten up, or murdered then you should
commit suicide that tends to stop the above happening.
If you don;t want your teeth knocked down the back of your throat then a
dentist should remove them for you before someone else does.

From: whisky-dave on

"John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Could you, GK, and Ray (no) knock it off? I am sure sobriquet cannot, but
> you can.

We'd all like to knock something off of sobriquet, but I don;t think even
knocking his head off would affect him adversley.