From: sobriquet on
On 21 jun, 18:56, John McWilliams <jp...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> sobriquet wrote:

> >> You should learn to set your line wrap properly.
>
> >> --
> >> lsmft
>
> > I can't specify any line wrap settings in the groups.google usenet
> > interface.
>
> Don't use Google, for that and ten other reasons, one of which is your
> mission will be read by fewer people.
>
> --
> john mcwilliams

I've tried various newsreader clients and free newsservers in the
past, but I keep coming back to groups.google because I find it very
convenient to have an archive of postings in the past available.
I agree that the usenet interface from google leaves very much to be
desired, but it also
has some advantages because it doesn't require me to run a separate
program and I can simply have another tab in my webbrowser for posting/
browsing discussions.
From: whisky-dave on

"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>Kind of ironic to hear a nazi cockroach like you lecturing others on
>how to recognize someone with nazi sympathies.

How do you recognise a Nazi cockroach do they have swastikas on their back ?

>Your feeble attempts to demonize others are not very effective though,
>because right from the start I've been advocating universal human
>rights and people with nazi sympathies usually are not too keen on the
>idea of human rights, because it is incompatible with their idea of
>racial supremacy and the freedom of the government to arbitrarily
>restrict the freedom of individuals.

How about the human right to keep your information private
how about your right to tell a person a secret but not to have someone else
blurt it out to everyone else in the world.
Would you really want your doctor to tell the world of your problem(s).
Some we all know about but what of the others.

From: sobriquet on
On 22 jun, 14:22, "whisky-dave" <whisky-d...(a)final.front.ear> wrote:
> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >Kind of ironic to hear a nazi cockroach like you lecturing others on
> >how to recognize someone with nazi sympathies.
>
> How do you recognise a Nazi cockroach do they have swastikas on their back ?

No, you recognize them by the way they advocate human rights
violations.

> >Your feeble attempts to demonize others are not very effective though,
> >because right from the start I've been advocating universal human
> >rights and people with nazi sympathies usually are not too keen on the
> >idea of human rights, because it is incompatible with their idea of
> >racial supremacy and the freedom of the government to arbitrarily
> >restrict the freedom of individuals.
>
> How about the human right to keep your information private

Well, nobody is arguing that everybody must disclose all their
information, but once they publish
their information, they can't claim they have the right to impose
terms and conditions of their
preference on their creative output.
An artist can't sell a painting and dictate to the new owner that it's
not allowed to hang the painting
in front of a window where people from the outside are able to enjoy
it as well.

> how about your right to tell a person a secret but not to have someone else
> blurt it out to everyone else in the world.

That's not a right. It's not like you can tell a secret to random
people with the remark that they
are not allowed to share that information with others and expecting
them not to share that information
with others. If you share a secret with someone, you can only expect
them to keep it a secret when
you know that person to some degree so you can judge whether or not
they will keep your information
to themselves or share it with others. So that's confidentiality in
the context of an interpersonal relationship.

> Would you really want your doctor to tell the world of your problem(s).
> Some we all know about but what of the others.

That would be fine with me. But that's all besides the point. People
who create stuff usually don't intend
their creations to remain confidential, they just mistakenly
presuppose that they get to dictate the terms and conditions under
which people are allowed to access their creative output.
From: tony cooper on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 06:52:06 -0700 (PDT), sobriquet
<dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Apparently people still feel compelled to reply to my postings, if it
>was not interesting, they would
>simply ignore me.

Well, that's what you're here for, innit? A little attention?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Wolfgang Weisselberg on
sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> By reading and/or replying to this usenet posting, you acknowledge
> that you have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions
> found at:

> http://www.ibbu.nl/~nsprakel/eula.txt

By causing your rambling to appear on my computer --- which
you did ---, you agree to pay me $1.000.000 and forfeit your
wannabe-eula.

I expect your payment by tomorrow or your lawyers will be
incinerated by my lawyers. Understood?

-Wolfgang