From: lkoluk2003 on

lkoluk2003(a)yahoo.com yazdi:
> [...]
> | Oa | | Cf Ob
> Cb |
> ------------------
> Train A Train B ----->
> x axis
>
> The distance between each light source and detector D is the same.
> Detector gives two results: the two light beams hit at the same time
> or in different times.
>
> My postulates are the followings:
>
> 1. The experiments within a train does not affected by the outside
> objects which have a constant speed relative to it.
> 2. The speed of light is direction independent within a train.
>

> Experiment1:
> Synchronize the clocks and set up such that the light sources will be
> fired after n ticks. So they will fire at the same time according to
> observer Ob. The relative speed of trains A and B is zero. So the same
> thing is true for observer Oa. Of course , from the Ob's reference
> frame the two lights must hit the detector at the same time with the
> given postulates. This is the same for Oa.
>
> Experiment2:
> Synchronize the clocks and set up such that the light sources will be
> fired after n ticks. Place the clocks and light sources on the two far
> sides of the train B as mentioned. The relative speed of trains A and
> B is zero. So the clocks are synchronized according to both Oa and Ob.
> Now let train B accelerates and reach a constant speed v relative to
> train A after a while along the x axis. Then wait for the experiment
> to be completed. According to Ob the experiment gives the same result.
> I.e. the lights hit at the same time. Now examine what Oa see with the
> assumption that the speed of light is always the same according to the
> observer.
>
> >From Ob's reference frame: The clocks are still synchronized since they
> share the same movement and so get the same affects. So the two light
> beams are fired at the same time. The speed of the light train fired
> from Sf is c and from Sb is -c. Still the distance between Sf and D is
> the same with the distance between Sb and D although they are shorter
> now. Let this distance be x. So, the travel time of the light beam
> fired from Sf would be x/(c-v) and the travel time of the light beam
> fired from Sb would be x/(c+v). Since v is greater than zero these
> times are not equal and Oa predicts a different result from that of Ob.
> So relativity principle conflicts with the postulate that the speed of
> light is always the same according to the observer.
>
> Actually what above experiments show that if the relativity principle
> is true and the speed of light is direction independent, then the speed
> of light is direction independent relative to the source. Since the
> direction independence of light speed is a proven fact(Michael&Morley
> experiment and others), any theory conflicts with this also conflicts
> with relativity principle. This means that the Lorentzian velocity
> addition law conflicts with relativity principle.

I an sorry, the figure is just jumbled. The correct figure is as
follows.
----------------
| | | Sf --------> D <--------- Sb

| Oa | | Cf Ob Cb |
----------------
Train A Train B ----->x axis

Lokman Kolukisa

PS: I don't see anything to answer in the replies up to know. I am not
a discussion guy that likes to writes to others and writes only since
he likes to write. I write about physics because I think what I write
will help the others to think about and solve some of the problems as
just they help me to understand and think about them.

From: Sue... on
lkoluk2...(a)yahoo.com wrote:
[...]
> Lokman Kolukisa
>
> PS: I don't see anything to answer in the replies up to know. I am not
> a discussion guy that likes to writes to others and writes only since
> he likes to write. I write about physics because I think what I write
> will help the others to think about and solve some of the problems as
> just they help me to understand and think about them.

If you want to use a particle model then you need to learn QED.
http://nobelprize.org/physics/laureates/1965/feynman-lecture.html

QED is easier to understand if you already know the wave model
and Maxwell's equations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_impedance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_space

Time-independent Maxwell equations
Time-dependent Maxwell's equations
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/lectures.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_integral

You are not learning physics, but rather playing bellhop paradox
games, without some foundation in electromagnetism.

The trick to observer dependent light speed is here:
<< Figure 3: The wave impedance measures the
relative strength of electric and magnetic >>
fields. It is a function of source structure.
http://www.conformity.com/0102reflectionsfig3.gif
http://www.conformity.com/0102reflections.html

Paradox is resolved by considering material structures.
http://www.iisc.ernet.in/currsci/dec252005/2009.pdf

Sue...

http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching.html
http://web.mit.edu/8.02t/www/802TEAL3D/visualizations/light/index.htm

From: Paul B. Andersen on
lkoluk2003(a)yahoo.com wrote:

> Actually what above experiments show that if the relativity principle
> is true and the speed of light is direction independent, then the speed
> of light is direction independent relative to the source. Since the
> direction independence of light speed is a proven fact(Michael&Morley
> experiment and others), any theory conflicts with this also conflicts
> with relativity principle. This means that the Lorentzian velocity
> addition law conflicts with relativity principle.
>
> Lokman Kolukisa

:-)

Paul
From: Russell on
Sue... wrote:

> If you want to use a particle model then you need to learn QED.
> http://nobelprize.org/physics/laureates/1965/feynman-lecture.html

This piece of advice is pretty hilarious coming from a
relativity disbeliever.

> QED is easier to understand if you already know the wave model
> and Maxwell's equations.

*And* special relativity, Sue. That pretty much puts the
lie to your pretense of understanding any of the above.

From: Sue... on

Russell wrote:
> Sue... wrote:

> > If you want to use a particle model then you need to learn QED.
> > http://nobelprize.org/physics/laureates/1965/feynman-lecture.html
>
> This piece of advice is pretty hilarious coming from a
> relativity disbeliever.

What is a "relativity disbeliever" ?

Sue...