From: Mike on

PD wrote:
> On Dec 14, 3:37 pm, "Mike" <elea...(a)yahoo.gr> wrote:
> > PD wrote:

> > > By your terms, Mike, 3D space is not a description of reality because
> > > it is not observable, either.
> >
> > > And Newton's First Law is not a good model for reality, because there
> > > is no object on which there is zero net force.
>
> > ok, I hahahhahahhaha before but I agree with this one. But I never
> > started anything on the first law. All my argumenst were about the
> > second law or the third. the first law just defines the inertial frames
> > the other laws apply. regardless, neither Newton's laws are a true
> > description of reality It is just a model.
> >
> > HAVE I EVER SAID newton's laws are a description of reality?
> >
> > Mike
> >

> Ah, so now I understand a bit better where you're coming from. Your
> problem isn't with relativity per se. It's with physics in general, and
> the fact that the models that we use to predict behavior are not true
> descriptions of reality. In this objection, you include just about
> everything that's been done in physics since... well, forever.

Your meds

Mike

From: karandash2000 on

Mike wrote:

> There is no need to do any nexperiments when the theory is internally
> inconsistent. Experiments, do not prove a theory is correct.
> Experiments only falsify a theory. In this case of SR tghis is not even
> necessary because it is inconsistent in the first place. Any
> compensatory aether based theory generates the same experimental
> predictions as SR, including Lorentz relativity. That does not mean the
> eather exists of course.
>
> Mike

Drolly-trolly,

You are so boring when you attempt to affect a mainstream tone. You are
so much more fun when you attempt to "calculate" and you botch all the
calculations.
For your informations, the Twins paradox :

-is not a paradox
-does not show any SR inconsistency

For your benefit, read the updated wiki page on it and choke.

From: PD on

On Dec 15, 9:48 am, "Mike" <elea...(a)yahoo.gr> wrote:
> PD wrote:
>
> > > ok, I hahahhahahhaha before but I agree with this one. But I never
> > > started anything on the first law. All my argumenst were about the
> > > second law or the third. the first law just defines the inertial frames
> > > the other laws apply. regardless, neither Newton's laws are a true
> > > description of reality It is just a model.
>
> > > HAVE I EVER SAID newton's laws are a description of reality?
>
> > > Mike
>
> > Ah, so now I understand a bit better where you're coming from. Your
> > problem isn't with relativity per se. It's with physics in general, and
> > the fact that the models that we use to predict behavior are not true
> > descriptions of reality. In this objection, you include just about
> > everything that's been done in physics since... well, forever.
>
> Your meds
>
> Mike

Well, I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, Mike.

You could have at least confirmed that the complaint that you lodge
against the axioms of special relativity (they are not a description of
reality) also apply to Newton's laws, and so you have as little regard
for Newton's laws as you do for special relativity. This begs the
question, Mike: What part of physics -- anything at all, from any era
-- do you regard as being a good description of reality?

PD

From: Sorcerer on

"Eric Gisse" <jowr.pi(a)gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166237844.433976.104830(a)t46g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

| Mike wrote:
|
| [...]

No he didn't, you did.

From: Eric Gisse on

Sorcerer wrote:
> "Eric Gisse" <jowr.pi(a)gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166237844.433976.104830(a)t46g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> |
> | Mike wrote:
> |
> | [...]
>

> No he didn't, you did.

Give it a rest, Androcles.