From: lkoluk2003 on
Hi,
Although the symmetric twin paradox can be explaied by ALT(Aether
theory with Lorentz Transformations) , I am a relativist. So after I
was sure SR(special relativity) is incorrect, I started to search
explanation(s) of the paradox in a relativist way. According to me the
starting point ought to be the velocity addition rule, because every
huge leap in physics is achieved by understanding the secrets of
velocity. Galileo set up a new phsics by the concepts of inertia and
independence of velocities in different axes(vector addition). SR and
GR(General Relativity) is also set up by claiming the velocity
additition rule is not a simple algebraic sum. I don't try it, but it
seems that the lorentz transformations can be derived from the velocity
addition rule which is (v+w)/(1+vw/c^2) if v and w have the same
direction. Now I will try to show that if relativity principle(i.e. if
there is no absolute inertial frame) is true, then the speed of light
must be a constant relative to the source.

Let there are two platforms A and B and within each platform there are
two observers Oa and Ob respectively. Let the platforms are two trains
and Ob is in the middle of the train B with a detector D. On each of
the two far sides of the train there is a clock and a light source.
When the clock ticks a predefined times, the light source fires a light
beam such that it will hit the detector on the middle of the train.
I.e. the light source Sf fires light beam from left to right and Sb
fires in opposite direction as shown in the following.

------------------
<--------- Sb |
| Oa | | Cf Ob
Cb |
------------------
Train A Train B ----->
x axis

The distance between each light source and detector D is the same.
Detector gives two results: the two light beams hit at the same time
or in different times.

My postulates are the followings:

1. The experiments within a train does not affected by the outside
objects which have a constant speed relative to it.
2. The speed of light is direction independent within a train.

Experiment1:
Synchronize the clocks and set up such that the light sources will be
fired after n ticks. So they will fire at the same time according to
observer Ob. The relative speed of trains A and B is zero. So the same
thing is true for observer Oa. Of course , from the Ob's reference
frame the two lights must hit the detector at the same time with the
given postulates. This is the same for Oa.

Experiment2:
Synchronize the clocks and set up such that the light sources will be
fired after n ticks. Place the clocks and light sources on the two far
sides of the train B as mentioned. The relative speed of trains A and
B is zero. So the clocks are synchronized according to both Oa and Ob.
Now let train B accelerates and reach a constant speed v relative to
train A after a while along the x axis. Then wait for the experiment
to be completed. According to Ob the experiment gives the same result.
I.e. the lights hit at the same time. Now examine what Oa see with the
assumption that the speed of light is always the same according to the
observer.

>From Ob's reference frame: The clocks are still synchronized since they
share the same movement and so get the same affects. So the two light
beams are fired at the same time. The speed of the light train fired
from Sf is c and from Sb is -c. Still the distance between Sf and D is
the same with the distance between Sb and D although they are shorter
now. Let this distance be x. So, the travel time of the light beam
fired from Sf would be x/(c-v) and the travel time of the light beam
fired from Sb would be x/(c+v). Since v is greater than zero these
times are not equal and Oa predicts a different result from that of Ob.
So relativity principle conflicts with the postulate that the speed of
light is always the same according to the observer.

Actually what above experiments show that if the relativity principle
is true and the speed of light is direction independent, then the speed
of light is direction independent relative to the source. Since the
direction independence of light speed is a proven fact(Michael&Morley
experiment and others), any theory conflicts with this also conflicts
with relativity principle. This means that the Lorentzian velocity
addition law conflicts with relativity principle.

Lokman Kolukisa

From: Sue... on
lkoluk2003(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
> Although the symmetric twin paradox can be explaied by ALT(Aether
> theory with Lorentz Transformations) , I am a relativist.

Do relativists rewrite Einsten's papers for him? ;-)

> So after I
> was sure SR(special relativity) is incorrect, I started to search
> explanation(s) of the paradox in a relativist way. According to me the
> starting point ought to be the velocity addition rule, because every
> huge leap in physics is achieved by understanding the secrets of
> velocity. Galileo set up a new phsics by the concepts of inertia and
> independence of velocities in different axes(vector addition).

Einsten's notions about particle light confuse this issue immensely.

<< The Nobel Committee avoids committing itself to the
particle concept. Light-quanta or with modern terminology,
photons, were explicitly mentioned in the reports on
which the prize decision rested only in connection with
emission and absorption processes. The Committee says
that the most important application of Einstein's photoelectric
law and also its most convincing confirmation has come from
the use Bohr made of it in his theory of atoms, which explains
a vast amount of spectroscopic data. >>
http://nobelprize.org/physics/articles/ekspong/index.html>

> SR and
> GR(General Relativity) is also set up by claiming the velocity
> additition rule is not a simple algebraic sum. I don't try it, but it
> seems that the lorentz transformations can be derived from the velocity
> addition rule which is (v+w)/(1+vw/c^2) if v and w have the same
> direction. Now I will try to show that if relativity principle(i.e. if
> there is no absolute inertial frame) is true, then the speed of light
> must be a constant relative to the source.

The Lorentz transformation is simply to adjust an imaginary Euclidean
reference frame for the magnetic component of the light. Note
in eq 511
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node50.html
....it is an operation between the writers ears.

There is no mechanism in particle light to effect observer
constancy of c and resolve the postulates of SR.
You will chase your tail with absurdities, (or take up heavy
drinking) until you have enough electromagnetism to
understand wave impedance of coupling structures.

http://www.conformity.com/0102reflectionsfig3.gif
http://www.conformity.com/0102reflections.html

If you want a shortcut you might try moving submarines
signaling with sonar and don't fret about vacuums and
ethers.

Sue...
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching.html
http://web.mit.edu/8.02t/www/802TEAL3D/visualizations/light/index.htm

P.S>
Einstein couldn't write an unambiguous tho't experiment for particle
light and SR so please forgive me for offering no comment on
your attempt.

From: Dirk Van de moortel on

<lkoluk2003(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1164284610.766809.65870(a)k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
> Although the symmetric twin paradox can be explaied by ALT(Aether
> theory with Lorentz Transformations) , I am a relativist.

Clearly not, since you didn't understand the first word of what
people were explaining to you to help you out of your misery
in your previous thread.
I think I know what you need: a good spanking.

Dirk Vdm

From: Martin Hogbin on

"Dirk Van de moortel" <dirkvandemoortel(a)ThankS-NO-SperM.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> <lkoluk2003(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1164284610.766809.65870(a)k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > Hi,
> > Although the symmetric twin paradox can be explaied by ALT(Aether
> > theory with Lorentz Transformations) , I am a relativist.
>
> Clearly not, since you didn't understand the first word of what
> people were explaining to you to help you out of your misery
> in your previous thread.
> I think I know what you need: a good spanking.

Where do they all come from?

Martin Hogbin

From: Dirk Van de moortel on

"Martin Hogbin" <goatREMOVETHIS123(a)hogbin.org> wrote in message news:WvadnYSQTu4ecfjYnZ2dnUVZ8smdnZ2d(a)bt.com...

> "Dirk Van de moortel" <dirkvandemoortel(a)ThankS-NO-SperM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> <lkoluk2003(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1164284610.766809.65870(a)k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> > Hi,
>> > Although the symmetric twin paradox can be explaied by ALT(Aether
>> > theory with Lorentz Transformations) , I am a relativist.
>>
>> Clearly not, since you didn't understand the first word of what
>> people were explaining to you to help you out of your misery
>> in your previous thread.
>> I think I know what you need: a good spanking.
>
> Where do they all come from?

.... all the lonely people :-)

Dirk Vdm