From: Ahmed Ouahi, Architect on

Big whorls have little whorls
Which feed on their velocity

And little whorls have lesser whorls
And so on to viscosity

-- Lewis F. Richardson

--
Ahmed Ouahi, Architect
Best Regards!

"Sue..." <suzysewnshow(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> lkoluk2003(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> > lkoluk2003(a)yahoo.com yazdi:
> > > Hi,
> > > Although the symmetric twin paradox can be explaied by ALT(Aether
> > > theory with Lorentz Transformations) , I am a relativist. So after I
> > > was sure SR(special relativity) is incorrect, I started to search
> > > explanation(s) of the paradox in a relativist way. According to me the
> > > starting point ought to be the velocity addition rule, because every
> > > huge leap in physics is achieved by understanding the secrets of
> > > velocity. Galileo set up a new phsics by the concepts of inertia and
> > > independence of velocities in different axes(vector addition). SR and
> > > GR(General Relativity) is also set up by claiming the velocity
> > > additition rule is not a simple algebraic sum. I don't try it, but it
> > > seems that the lorentz transformations can be derived from the
velocity
> > > addition rule which is (v+w)/(1+vw/c^2) if v and w have the same
> > > direction. Now I will try to show that if relativity principle(i.e.
if

------
D <--------- Sb |
Ob

-------
----->x axis

> > > The distance between each light source and detector D is the same.
> > > Detector gives two results: the two light beams hit at the same time
> > > or in different times.
> > >
> > > My postulates are the followings:
> > >
> > > 1. The experiments within a train does not affected by the outside
> > > objects which have a constant speed relative to it.
> > > 2. The speed of light is direction independent within a train.
> > >

> > > Experiment1:
> > > Synchronize the clocks and set up such that the light sources will be
> > > fired after n ticks. So they will fire at the same time according to
> > > observer Ob. The relative speed of trains A and B is zero. So the same
> > > thing is true for observer Oa. Of course , from the Ob's reference
> > > frame the two lights must hit the detector at the same time with the
> > > given postulates. This is the same for Oa.
> > >
> > > Experiment2:
> > > Synchronize the clocks and set up such that the light sources will be
> > > fired after n ticks. Place the clocks and light sources on the two far
> > > sides of the train B as mentioned. The relative speed of trains A and
> > > B is zero. So the clocks are synchronized according to both Oa and Ob.
> > > Now let train B accelerates and reach a constant speed v relative to
> > > train A after a while along the x axis. Then wait for the experiment
> > > to be completed. According to Ob the experiment gives the same
result.
> > > I.e. the lights hit at the same time. Now examine what Oa see with the
> > > assumption that the speed of light is always the same according to the
> > > observer.

> > > share the same movement and so get the same affects. So the two light
> > > beams are fired at the same time. The speed of the light train fired
> > > from Sf is c and from Sb is -c. Still the distance between Sf and D is
> > > the same with the distance between Sb and D although they are shorter
> > > now. Let this distance be x. So, the travel time of the light beam
> > > fired from Sf would be x/(c-v) and the travel time of the light beam
> > > fired from Sb would be x/(c+v). Since v is greater than zero these
> > > times are not equal and Oa predicts a different result from that of
Ob.

From: lkoluk2003 on

Sue... yazdi:
> lkoluk2003(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> .......snipped
>
> Why are you comparing bullets to light?
Sorry, I have not mentioned, there are other versions of this
experiment. Replace light sources with identical guns and repeat the
same experiment. This time the reaching times of forward and backward
bullets would be x/(wf-v) and and x/(wg+v) respectively where
wf=(v+w)/(1+v.w/c^2) and
wg=(w-v)/(1-v.w/c^2)
If you do the calculations, you will see that the reaching times are
not equal.

>If you have some success
> don't send it to a journal, send it to the Nobel committe.

It is just a formula, a contribution if found to be correct. Physics is
far more great than a single formula.

Lokman Kolukisa

From: Sue... on

lkoluk2...(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> Sue... yazdi:
> > lkoluk2003(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> > .......snipped
> >
> > Why are you comparing bullets to light?
> Sorry, I have not mentioned, there are other versions of this
> experiment. Replace light sources with identical guns and repeat the
> same experiment. This time the reaching times of forward and backward
> bullets would be x/(wf-v) and and x/(wg+v) respectively where
> wf=(v+w)/(1+v.w/c^2) and
> wg=(w-v)/(1-v.w/c^2)
> If you do the calculations, you will see that the reaching times are
> not equal.
>

> >If you have some success
> > don't send it to a journal, send it to the Nobel committe.
> >
> It is just a formula, a contribution if found to be correct. Physics is
> far more great than a single formula.

Have you considered that you might need to identify some flaw
with the standard equations before cobbling up something new?

Maxwell's equations in classic electrodynamics (classic field theory)_
a) Maxwell equations (no movement),
b) Maxwell equations (with moved bodies)
http://www.wolfram-stanek.de/maxwell_equations.htm

Time-independent Maxwell equations
Time-dependent Maxwell's equations
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/lectures.html

Sue...

From: lkoluk2003 on

> [...]
>
> It also has the associative property. So if the calculations and the
> logic I have used are correct, this is the relativistic speed formula.
> However, if E=m.c^2 could not be derived from it, it has no value. One
> way of doing is to repeat the Einstein's study in his 1905 paper.
> However, to do this one needs the energy formula of light. As now the
> light speed is varying with respect to the observer, I wonder whether
> the correct formula is known. Anyway, I neither have sufficient
> experience to go beyond nor desire to go. Also I don't deal with a
> career in Physics. This is a relativistic solution to the twin
> paradox and as a logician and relativist it seems sufficient to me.
> However, in any case, I will form a full text consisting of what I
> write about this subject here and put somewhere. After the formula is
> verified by someone(s), I may send it to a journal.

It seems that the assumption that the maximum distances between the
twins during inbound and outbound part are equal is not generally true.
I.e. the most general formula is t1=x1/v1 and t2=x2/v2 where x1 is not
equal to x2. In this case, the only explanation is that the clock rates
of both twins are the same even from the point of view of the twins.

On the other hand, the relativity principle is fully compatible with
this. I copied the following from my text in another threat.
"Each tick in a clock is an event and an event's observed time can be
different from time dilation. For example one can set a clock by using
a light pulse
and two mirrors. The pulse is reflected between the mirrors and the
time interval between the reflection times of mirror 1 can be
considered as one tick of this clock. If the light speed is source
dependent then the duration of each tick is the same regardless of the
speed of the clock and the time delation."

Assume there is a platform with the clock mentioned above and two
observers A&B. The tick time of this clock would be t=2.x/c where x is
the distance between the mirrors.

Now let the platform carrying the observer B is moving with a constant
speed v with respect to the observer A. The clock is placed in such a
way that the light pulse movement is in the same direction with the
platform's speed. Assume there is a time dilation B. I.e. t'=t.B where
t' is the time measured by observer B and t is the time measured by the
observer A. Since according to the observer B, there is nothing
changed, so (s)he will observe the tick time as t'=2x'/c or 2.x'=c.t'.

The relativity principle requires that the light speed is source
dependent. Let this relative speed is k(v). Then the tick time for
observer A would be
t=2.x'/k(v) = c.t'/k(v ) = c.t.B/k(v)

>From here we deduce k(v)=B.c. On the other hand x'/t'=x/t must be true.
I.e. x'=x.B. So from here

t=2.x'/k(v) = 2.x.B/(c.B) = 2.x/c

same with if the speed was zero. As seen the observed tick time is
independent from the speed and from the dilation factor. The same thing
is true for any event including the movement of someting or at least
any event whose time is measured by distance/speed. This is a perfect
result because the twin paradox is fully resolved now(assuming the time
measure always involves something which has a movement) and the
dilation factor can be choosen without considering it.

Best regards,
Lokman Kolukisa

From: Sue... on
lkoluk2003(a)yahoo.com wrote:
[...]

> Now let the platform carrying the observer B is moving with a constant
> speed v with respect to the observer A. The clock is placed in such a
> way that the light pulse movement is in the same direction with the
> platform's speed. Assume there is a time dilation B. I.e. t'=t.B where
> t' is the time measured by observer B and t is the time measured by the
> observer A. Since according to the observer B, there is nothing
> changed, so (s)he will observe the tick time as t'=2x'/c or 2.x'=c.t'.

Does the "B" have anything to do with magnetic field?

> The relativity principle requires that the light speed is source
> dependent. Let this relative speed is k(v). Then the tick time for
> observer A would be
> t=2.x'/k(v) = c.t'/k(v ) = c.t.B/k(v)
>
> >From here we deduce k(v)=B.c. On the other hand x'/t'=x/t must be true.
> I.e. x'=x.B. So from here
>
> t=2.x'/k(v) = 2.x.B/(c.B) = 2.x/c
>
> same with if the speed was zero.

<< As seen the observed tick time is independent
from the speed and from the dilation factor. >>

Yes...
<< Figure 3: The wave impedance measures
the relative strength of electric and magnetic
fields. It is a function of source [absorber] structure. >>
http://www.conformity.com/0102reflections.html

See equation 511
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/lectures/node50.html

> The same thing
> is true for any event including the movement of someting or at least
> any event whose time is measured by distance/speed. This is a perfect
> result because the twin paradox is fully resolved now(assuming the time
> measure always involves something which has a movement) and the
> dilation factor can be choosen without considering it.

Correct... the absorbing structure is moving (relativity) so
establishes
its own eps and mu for its nearfield.

Read how time is treated in equation 511 above.
You have to remember the electromagnetic principle
of reciprocity allows us to treat emitting and absorbing
structures equally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reciprocity_(electromagnetism)#Exceptions_to_reciprocity

Sue...

Propagation in a dielectric medium