From: Alice_LJ on

cool:)

__________________
'jewelry store' (http://www.embracejewelry.com)

--
Alice_LJ
Alice_LJ's Profile: http://techiegroups.com/member.php?userid=14516
View this thread: http://www.techiegroups.com/showthread.php?t=151939

From: Bigfoot508 on
It looks like these files were backed up in 1994. I will have to check
my old W95 computer and see what version of DOS that it has. It
originally had Windows 3.1 on it. I suspect that my W98 has version 6

js

From: H on
You could have a shot at looking at those floppies with Quickview (Plus)
(opens most files)

From: Bigfoot508 on
What I have managed to do so far is to join the files from the floppys
into one file with no extension. I used a tiny stand alone program
called "HJ Split" that allows you to either split up large files or
combine file fragments into one big file. I tried to associate the
extensionless file with wordpad and only succeeded in opening a page of
gibberish. Does anyone have any ideas how to associate the file with
some other program? I don't have Excel. I do have Works.

Also, I have disks for some program called "Ami Pro 3.1" that I got with
the Lotus disks. Is there any chance that this program could be used to
read the file?

JAS

From: relic on
Bigfoot508 wrote:
> First, let me apologize, this is not an XP question but I don't know
> where to go with it and I have found the readers on this group helpful
> in the past.
>
> I have a bunch of floppy disks that have a backup of some data created
> with a program called Lotus 1-2-3. Each floppy has 2 files on it. The
> first has a file called Backup.001 and another called
> Control.001. The second floppy has the same named files but with
> extension .002. The rest are the same with extensions .003, .004,
> etc. I don't have Lotus 1-2-3 software and if I did, I might have to
> run it on DOS. My old W98 computer has DOS. Is there any way to
> restore this backup to a file that could be opened with another
> program.

They're old MS Backups. GOOGLE!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Backup.001+&btnG=Google+Search