From: thanatoid on
"Unknown" <unknown(a)unknown.kom> wrote in

> Can you base your HUMBLE? opinion on facts or are you over
> emotional on hearsay?

<SNIP>

1. Don't top-post.

2. As they used to say, wake up and smell the rotting meat.
Since the mid-90's there have been concerns about MS' sticking
their nose into where it's not welcome. Ever since XP came out,
Windows has been phoning home every time you're online, and
several Windows features are expressly designed to keep tabs on
your computer's configuration and software, along with other
things that just might "happen" to slip into the data stream.

Ever heard of the infamous - and never fully resolved/explained
- "NSA backdoor" key in the Windows OS code?

Here's something to read:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/2413264/posts

I /strongly/ suggest you read all the *comments*.
From: Jose on
On Dec 28, 8:47 pm, thanatoid <wait...(a)the.exit.invalid> wrote:
> "Unknown" <unkn...(a)unknown.kom> wrote innews:O6T3lHAiKHA.5604(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
>
> > Can you base your HUMBLE? opinion on facts or are you over
> > emotional on hearsay?
>
> <SNIP>
>
> 1. Don't top-post.
>
> 2. As they used to say, wake up and smell the rotting meat.
> Since the mid-90's there have been concerns about MS' sticking
> their nose into where it's not welcome. Ever since XP came out,
> Windows has been phoning home every time you're online, and
> several Windows features are expressly designed to keep tabs on
> your computer's configuration and software, along with other
> things that just might "happen" to slip into the data stream.
>
> Ever heard of the infamous - and never fully resolved/explained
> - "NSA backdoor" key in the Windows OS code?
>
> Here's something to read:
>
> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/2413264/posts
>
> I /strongly/ suggest you read all the *comments*.

Please tell us more about this phone home feature, things that might
have slipped in and the NSA backdoor key in the Windows OS code.

I have already read some of the rumors.

How I can verify if my system is afflicted with these maladies or not
and what to do about it if any confirmation tests you can supply
return positive results? How do I detect it and what do you
recommend?

Hopefully something to determine with certainty besides...If you have
Windows installed, you have it... just Google "Windows NSA" kind of
things. I already did that.
From: Unknown on
As I suspected emotional garbage. I asked for facts.