From: Arny Krueger on
"alex" <grauone(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> For now my "poor man experience" says: don't use wireless system in
> churches!

There are zillions of wireless systems working just fine in churches, mine
included. 4 Shure SLX, 2 AT 3000.

If "professional sound guys" can't make wireless work in churches, how do
all of us clueless volunteers do it? ;-)

From: alex on
Il 28/06/2010 13.54, Arny Krueger ha scritto:
> "alex"<grauone(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> For now my "poor man experience" says: don't use wireless system in
>> churches!
>
> There are zillions of wireless systems working just fine in churches, mine
> included. 4 Shure SLX, 2 AT 3000.
i repeat: this was a joke ;-)
not sure if your church is like this
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Florence_Cathedral

Shure SLX or ULX-P i'm using today are much more flexible and reliable
systems than old SC. In addiction these new models are UHF while SC was VHF.

> If "professional sound guys" can't make wireless work in churches, how do
> all of us clueless volunteers do it? ;-)

Lot of experience on the field help professionals to become professionals!
The most valuable experiences you may have in order to learn something,
is when systems not work as you may expect. This let you investigate to
discover why, learn more and prevent failures to happen again.

bye
alex

From: Ron on
On 28/06/2010 12:54, Arny Krueger wrote:
> "alex"<grauone(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> For now my "poor man experience" says: don't use wireless system in
>> churches!
>
> There are zillions of wireless systems working just fine in churches, mine
> included. 4 Shure SLX, 2 AT 3000.
>
> If "professional sound guys" can't make wireless work in churches, how do
> all of us clueless volunteers do it? ;-)

Here in the UK we have a saying, "Everything forward and trust in The
Lord" ;)
From: Ty Ford on
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 06:59:10 -0400, geoff wrote
(in article <-fOdncqXuIWRsrrRnZ2dnUVZ_vSdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>):

>> ** The reflectivity of a solid wall to RF signals in the VHF /UHF
>> band is not nearly so strong as it is for sound waves - so the
>> behaviour is not the same.
>>
>> Certainly, a radio mic's signal can bounce off a wall and arrive at
>> the receiver out of phase with the direct signal from the same
>> transmitter causing reception to almost disappear - diversity
>> receivers using twin antennas and RF stages are designed to defeat
>> this phenomenon.
>
> Maybe not 'defeat', but certainly 'reduce'. RF is reflected off any metalic
> object, including hidden ones such as reinforcing in concrete, booms,
> lighting rigs, cables, candlesticks, organ pipes etc.
>
> It's a minefield out there....
>
> geoff

+1

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

From: bob u on
On 6/27/2010 5:59 AM, geoff wrote:
> Phil Allison wrote:
>> "alex"
>>>
>>> can two parallel walls generate a standing wave on the carrier of a
>>> wireless system and affect the reception of the signal, just like in
>>> sound?
>>>

>> ** The reflectivity of a solid wall to RF signals in the VHF /UHF
>> band is not nearly so strong as it is for sound waves - so the
>> behaviour is not the same.
>>
>> Certainly, a radio mic's signal can bounce off a wall and arrive at
>> the receiver out of phase with the direct signal from the same
>> transmitter causing reception to almost disappear - diversity
>> receivers using twin antennas and RF stages are designed to defeat
>> this phenomenon.
>
> Maybe not 'defeat', but certainly 'reduce'. RF is reflected off any metalic
> object, including hidden ones such as reinforcing in concrete, booms,
> lighting rigs, cables, candlesticks, organ pipes etc.
>
> It's a minefield out there....
>
> geoff

Those bouncing bettys will get you every time...

bob
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Comperssor Help