From: Tom J on
philo wrote:
> Nil wrote:
>> On 13 Mar 2010, "Tom J" <tomnews2(a)earthlink.net> wrote in
>> alt.windows- xp:
>>
>>> Next, make sure you update on line to Service Pack 3 as soon as
>>> you
>>> get them installed, because MS is going to quit offering SP3 soon.
>>
>> Are you sure about that?
>

> He's full of it
>
> sp3 is not going to be dropped

Neither of you have a clue!!

Windows XP home page
Important: Download Windows XP Service Pack 3. Support for Windows XP
Service Pack 2 will end on July 13, 2010. Learn how to download
Windows XP SP3 now.

www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-xp/default.aspx

From: relic on

"Tom J" <tomnews2(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> philo wrote:
>> Nil wrote:
>>> On 13 Mar 2010, "Tom J" <tomnews2(a)earthlink.net> wrote in
>>> alt.windows- xp:

>>> Are you sure about that?
>>

>> He's full of it
>>
>> sp3 is not going to be dropped
>
> Neither of you have a clue!!
>
> Windows XP home page
> Important: Download Windows XP Service Pack 3. Support for Windows XP
> Service Pack 2 will end on July 13, 2010. Learn how to download Windows XP
> SP3 now.
>
> www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-xp/default.aspx

soon"; they are both absolutely correct. You need to eat your Crow now.

From: Nil on
On 13 Mar 2010, "Tom J" <tomnews2(a)earthlink.net> wrote in
alt.windows-xp:

> Neither of you have a clue!!
>
> Windows XP home page
> Important: Download Windows XP Service Pack 3. Support for Windows
> XP Service Pack 2 will end on July 13, 2010. Learn how to download
> Windows XP SP3 now.
>
> www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-xp/default.aspx

Obviously, you cannot read.
From: philo on
Tom J wrote:
> philo wrote:
>> Nil wrote:
>>> On 13 Mar 2010, "Tom J" <tomnews2(a)earthlink.net> wrote in
>>> alt.windows- xp:

>>> Are you sure about that?
>>
>> He's full of it
>>
>> sp3 is not going to be dropped
>
> Neither of you have a clue!!
>
> Windows XP home page
> Important: Download Windows XP Service Pack 3. Support for Windows XP
> Service Pack 2 will end on July 13, 2010. Learn how to download
> Windows XP SP3 now.
>
> www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-xp/default.aspx

The link simply said support for ***sp2*** is going to end

as I stated SP3 will still be avail from MS

and even if they drop it today

It's archived on numerous sites elsewhere
From: Tom J on
philo wrote:
> Tom J wrote:
>> philo wrote:

>>> He's full of it
>>>
>>> sp3 is not going to be dropped
>>
>> Neither of you have a clue!!
>>
>> Windows XP home page
>> Important: Download Windows XP Service Pack 3. Support for Windows
>> XP
>> Service Pack 2 will end on July 13, 2010. Learn how to download
>> Windows XP SP3 now.
>>
>> www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-xp/default.aspx
>>

> The link simply said support for ***sp2*** is going to end
>
> as I stated SP3 will still be avail from MS
>
> and even if they drop it today
>
> It's archived on numerous sites elsewhere

OK, I read the notice wrong!!

Tom J

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4