From: philo on
Tom J wrote:
> philo wrote:
>> Tom J wrote:

>>> Neither of you have a clue!!
>>>
>>> Windows XP home page
>>> Important: Download Windows XP Service Pack 3. Support for Windows
>>> XP
>>> Service Pack 2 will end on July 13, 2010. Learn how to download
>>> Windows XP SP3 now.
>>>
>>> www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-xp/default.aspx
>>>

>> The link simply said support for ***sp2*** is going to end
>>
>> as I stated SP3 will still be avail from MS
>>
>> and even if they drop it today
>>
>> It's archived on numerous sites elsewhere
>
> OK, I read the notice wrong!!
>
> Tom J

OK no big deal

I read things wrong all the time myself

LOL
From: Nil on
On 13 Mar 2010, "Tom J" <tomnews2(a)earthlink.net> wrote in alt.windows-
xp:

> OK, I read the notice wrong!!

Not only did you read it wrong, you even got what you THINK you read
wrong. Nowhere does it say that Service Pack 2 will become unavailable.
It only says that support for it will end.
From: adsllxb9 on
Nil wrote:
> On 13 Mar 2010, "Tom J" <tomnews2(a)earthlink.net> wrote in alt.windows-
> xp:
>
>> OK, I read the notice wrong!!
>
> Not only did you read it wrong, you even got what you THINK you read
> wrong. Nowhere does it say that Service Pack 2 will become unavailable.
> It only says that support for it will end.

Just call Microsoft ask for a cd of sp2 and sp3(for a small fee)..you
now have a copy..no need for downloads.
From: John on
John.H. wrote:
>Hi.
>I would like to upgrade to xp. I have 3 computers would I have to buy 3
>xp softwares or could I install it on all three from the 1 cd.
>John
Why not upgrade to Ubuntu - its free!
http://www.ubuntu.com/GetUbuntu/download
--
John
From: Auric__ on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 18:00:38 GMT, John wrote:

> John.H. wrote:
>>Hi.
>>I would like to upgrade to xp. I have 3 computers would I have to buy 3
>>xp softwares or could I install it on all three from the 1 cd.
>>John
> Why not upgrade to Ubuntu - its free!

Because that's not what the OP asked for. "Switch to Linux" is not the
solution for every problem.

--
Veni Vidi Vici -- Ignore Ignore Ignore
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last