Prev: JBL AD44
Next: fried amp
From: Geoff on
asdf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> forgive me if this has been asked before:
>
> is it possible to place a vol. pot meter in a low impedance (1K,
> microphone level), balanced line. It should be a stereo pot.meter in
> order to be able to attenuate both lines simultaneously, but I'm
> puzzled about its value.
> Any ideas? Thanks a lot,

Not something that would normally be done. What is your purpose, and what
is the mic working into ?

geoff

From: Snappy on
Geoff schreef:
> asdf wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> forgive me if this has been asked before:
>>
>> is it possible to place a vol. pot meter in a low impedance (1K,
>> microphone level), balanced line. It should be a stereo pot.meter in
>> order to be able to attenuate both lines simultaneously, but I'm
>> puzzled about its value.
>> Any ideas? Thanks a lot,
>
> Not something that would normally be done. What is your purpose, and what
> is the mic working into ?
>
> geoff

Thanks so far, it would have been wiser to explain what is the reason
for asking.

I built a mini DI-box into an electric guitar to change unbalanced into
balanced and to reduce the impedance significantly. Works like a charm,
very fine sound and I'm able to go directly into a mic.preamp. Just
advantages so far. But now I miss the possibility to alter the volume on
the guitar, hence my question: how to put a vol.pot meter into a
bal.-low impedance line.
Thanks again,

Arie
From: Snappy on

From: Phil Allison on

"Snappy

> I built a mini DI-box into an electric guitar to change unbalanced into
> balanced and to reduce the impedance significantly. Works like a charm,
> very fine sound and I'm able to go directly into a mic.preamp. Just
> advantages so far. But now I miss the possibility to alter the volume on
> the guitar,

** Why did you remove the original volume control on the guitar and why not
put it back ?

There is a lot you have not explained.

......... Phil

From: Snappy on
Phil Allison schreef:
> "Snappy
>
>> I built a mini DI-box into an electric guitar to change unbalanced into
>> balanced and to reduce the impedance significantly. Works like a charm,
>> very fine sound and I'm able to go directly into a mic.preamp. Just
>> advantages so far. But now I miss the possibility to alter the volume on
>> the guitar,
>

> ** Why did you remove the original volume control on the guitar and why not
> put it back ?
>
> There is a lot you have not explained.

In order to keep the lead from the pick up as short as possible and to
avoid putting in another component in the chain that might affect the
quality of the signal, I removed all the controls in the guitar.
Hope that helps,

Arie
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5