Prev: JBL AD44
Next: fried amp
From: asdf on
Hi all,

forgive me if this has been asked before:

is it possible to place a vol. pot meter in a low impedance (1K,
microphone level), balanced line. It should be a stereo pot.meter in
order to be able to attenuate both lines simultaneously, but I'm puzzled
about its value.
Any ideas? Thanks a lot,

Arie
From: Tim Scott on

"asdf" <snappy(a)tiscali.nl> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> forgive me if this has been asked before:
>
> is it possible to place a vol. pot meter in a low impedance (1K,
> microphone level), balanced line. It should be a stereo pot.meter in order
> to be able to attenuate both lines simultaneously, but I'm puzzled about
> its value.
> Any ideas? Thanks a lot,

Buy a cheap behringer desk - they are so inexpensive, it seems a waste of
your time making something
Xenyx 802 has 2 xlr mic inputs and costs only ?66 from thomann

From: Phil Allison on

"asdf"
> Hi all,
>
> forgive me if this has been asked before:
>
> is it possible to place a vol. pot meter in a low impedance (1K,
> microphone level), balanced line. It should be a stereo pot.meter in order
> to be able to attenuate both lines simultaneously, but I'm puzzled about
> its value.

** Long as the source is a dynamic mic, there is no need for a "stereo"
pot, a carbon track or wire wound pot of about 500 to 1 kohms will do fine.

A 1kohm log pot would be ideal.

........ Phil

From: Eeyore on

asdf wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> forgive me if this has been asked before:
>
> is it possible to place a vol. pot meter in a low impedance (1K,
> microphone level), balanced line. It should be a stereo pot.meter in
> order to be able to attenuate both lines simultaneously, but I'm puzzled
> about its value.
> Any ideas? Thanks a lot,

How about you explain what it is you want to do ?

Graham

From: BOB Urz "sound" on

asdf wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> forgive me if this has been asked before:
>
> is it possible to place a vol. pot meter in a low impedance (1K,
> microphone level), balanced line. It should be a stereo pot.meter in
> order to be able to attenuate both lines simultaneously, but I'm puzzled
> about its value.
> Any ideas? Thanks a lot,
>
> Arie

Horizon CVPBLOX. simple as it gets.