From: terryc on
On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 12:36:13 +1000, Hunter wrote:

> By the way, TV ads are
> probably closer to 100K.

What did you advertise?
I can only go on the TV commercial itself.

From: Rod Speed on
Rod Speed wrote
> Hunter wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>>> Hunter wrote

> There is no govt online news service in the biggest market, the US.

>>> In theory by have more apes on the ground feeding their web sites with news.

>>> Dubious proposition tho.

>>> Yes, but it remains to be seen how much they will choose to
>>> spend on say showing up at interesting trials for long times etc.

>> Can't remember when the ABC ever missed anything newsworthy.

> I can. Lots of the stuff that ends up in Austory and 4 Corners
> never made it to the ABC News, 7:30 Report or Lateline.

> And you dont get much coverage of trials at all, particularly the gory detail, presumably because they dont bother to
> have anyone there every day etc.

Patrick Waring, one of the most utterly obscene examples of a complete
fuckup by WA cops and the WA judicial system, didnt even get a mention,
not even in Aust Story or 4 Corners etc.

From: terryc on
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 07:22:25 +1000, Rod Speed wrote:

>> And you dont get much coverage of trials at all, particularly the gory
>> detail, presumably because they dont bother to have anyone there every
>> day etc.
>
> Patrick Waring, one of the most utterly obscene examples of a complete
> fuckup by WA cops and the WA judicial system, didnt even get a mention,
> not even in Aust Story or 4 Corners etc.

umm, want to check that again. You posted after the story did air on ABC
TV. Sadly, not the first major WA police/judicial stuff up.

From: Rod Speed on
terryc wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>>> And you dont get much coverage of trials at all, particularly the
>>> gory detail, presumably because they dont bother to have anyone
>>> there every day etc.

>> Patrick Waring, one of the most utterly obscene examples of a
>> complete fuckup by WA cops and the WA judicial system, didnt even
>> get a mention, not even in Aust Story or 4 Corners etc.

> umm, want to check that again.

Nope.

> You posted after the story did air on ABC TV.

Nope, on SBS.

> Sadly, not the first major WA police/judicial stuff up.

True, and some of them do get covered on the ABC, but some dont too.

Presumably they dont bother to have enough staff show
up at trials, or even keep track of trial outcomes either.

From: Rod Speed on
Rod Speed wrote:
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Hunter wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote

>> There is no govt online news service in the biggest market, the US.

>>> Can't remember when the ABC ever missed anything newsworthy.
>
>> I can. Lots of the stuff that ends up in Austory and 4 Corners
>> never made it to the ABC News, 7:30 Report or Lateline.
>
>> And you dont get much coverage of trials at all, particularly the
>> gory detail, presumably because they dont bother to have anyone
>> there every day etc.
>
> Patrick Waring, one of the most utterly obscene examples of a complete
> fuckup by WA cops and the WA judicial system, didnt even get a
> mention, not even in Aust Story or 4 Corners etc.

And we saw no coverage of the Patel trial in Qld either.

The coverage of the Dud assassination left all the alternatives for dead tho.