From: Hunter on
How are the commercial news websites going to survive when most countries
now have a government funded online news service? Our is news.abc.net.au
and they will never charge for it.

From: Hunter on
Correction: abc.net.au/news

From: Dingo on
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:28:51 +1000, "Hunter" <hunter(a)grome.zo.oct>
wrote:

>Correction: abc.net.au/news
>
>"Hunter" <hunter(a)grome.zo.oct> wrote in message
>> How are the commercial news websites going to survive when most countries
>> now have a government funded online news service? Our is news.abc.net.au
>> and they will never charge for it.

Pedant AND a top poster.....
From: Hunter on

"Dingo" <dingo(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:28:51 +1000, "Hunter" <hunter(a)grome.zo.oct>
> wrote:
>
>>Correction: abc.net.au/news
>>
>>"Hunter" <hunter(a)grome.zo.oct> wrote in message
>>> How are the commercial news websites going to survive when most
>>> countries
>>> now have a government funded online news service? Our is
>>> news.abc.net.au
>>> and they will never charge for it.
>
> Pedant AND a top poster.....

Noted. Now deal with the subject matter.

From: Rod Speed on
Hunter wrote:

> How are the commercial news websites going to survive when most
> countries now have a government funded online news service?

In theory by have more apes on the ground feeding their web sites with news.

Dubious proposition tho.

> Our is news.abc.net.au and they will never charge for it.

Yes, but it remains to be seen how much they will choose to
spend on say showing up at interesting trials for long times etc.