From: rjdriver on

"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I'm using AVG at the moment, but I'm thinking about switching to
> Windows Security Essentials.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/products/mse.aspx
>
> Is there anyone who has any opinion about what's better as a free anti-
> virus solution for Windows?
>
> greetings and thx in advance for any feedback

Anti Vir

From: Nomen Nescio on

"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nosperm~@Verizon.Net> wrote:
> Avira AntiVir is *better* than MSE and AVG (and Avast).

Thus spake the jooboi Avira shill.

From: Stephen Wolstenholme on
On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 09:51:56 -0800 (PST), sobriquet
<dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'm using AVG at the moment, but I'm thinking about switching to
>Windows Security Essentials.
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/security/products/mse.aspx
>
>Is there anyone who has any opinion about what's better as a free anti-
>virus solution for Windows?
>
>greetings and thx in advance for any feedback

I don't know how to measure the best anti-virus. I've used AVG,
AntiVir and MSE without ever getting a virus. I like MSE because it is
simple, uses little CPU or memory and has no annoying splash screen.

Steve

Neural network applications, help and support.
From: Hans on
I was always using Avira, but it was making my pc starting up slower and
slower.
Last week i installed Avast 5 and my pc was much faster starting up (about
25 sec).
So i would go for Avast

wr

"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> schreef in bericht

From: FromTheRafters on
"Hans" <xxxxxxxxxx(a)invalid.nl> wrote in message
>I was always using Avira, but it was making my pc starting up slower
>and slower.
> Last week i installed Avast 5 and my pc was much faster starting up
> (about 25 sec).
> So i would go for Avast

No antivirus at all is even faster. Does that mean it is even better?