From: John John - MVP on
No, that one is for Server 2003, you want the one for XP, see my other
post for a link.

John

From: Shenan Stanley on
p.mc wrote:
> I need a copy or download link for WinXP SP2 for a single machine
> 32 bit version. I'm just updating my wife's Win XP home edition SP1
> laptop. but Microsoft update site just links to SP3 or SP2 for
> multiple machines? I believe i can order a free hard copy online
> from microsoft, but I'd rather just DL one. I did try a link from
> another site which let me DL it but I noticed the KB number applied
> to the multiple machine SP2.

It's probably a link you saw anyway and got frightened away/discouraged by
the wording ("not for single machine", etc.) Ignore that.

Some have trouble finding the downloads for SP1a, SP2 and SP3 they might
need...

Windows XP SP1a for IT Professionals (it works for anyone really)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=83E4E879-FA3A-48BF-ADE5-023443E29D78

Windows XP SP2 for IT Professionals (it works for anyone really)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A

Windows XP Service Pack 3 - ISO-9660 CD Image File
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2fcde6ce-b5fb-4488-8c50-fe22559d164e

Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for
IT Professionals and Developers (it works for anyone really)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5B33B5A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Shenan Stanley on
Bruce Hagen wrote:
> I don't believe there is a downloadable SP2 available anymore. Any
> reason not to install SP3? Support for SP2 ends in July of this
> year. SP3 is supported until April, 2014.

You would be incorrect.

Windows XP SP1a, Windows XP SP2 and Windows XP SP3 are all available for
download. In a working Windows XP installation, one needs to be at the SP1a
or SP2 patched level before the installation of SP3 is allowed. Not so for
slipstream/integrating SP3 into installation media.

From: p.mc on
"John John - MVP" <audetweld(a)nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> p.mc wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I need a copy or download link for WinXP SP2 for a single machine 32 bit
>> version. I'm just updating my wife's Win XP home edition SP1 laptop. but
>> Microsoft update site just links to SP3 or SP2 for multiple machines? I
>> believe i can order a free hard copy online from microsoft, but I'd
>> rather just DL one. I did try a link from another site which let me DL it
>> but I noticed the KB number applied to the multiple machine SP2.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
> Windows XP Service Pack 2 Network Installation Package for IT
> Professionals and Developers
>
> John

Brief Description
This installation package is intended for IT professionals and developers
downloading and installing on multiple computers on a network. If you're
updating just one computer, please visit Windows Update
this is for multiple machines though!
--

Regards
p.mc

From: p.mc on
"p.mc" <p.mc(a)home.com> wrote in message
> "John John - MVP" <audetweld(a)nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
>> p.mc wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I need a copy or download link for WinXP SP2 for a single machine 32 bit
>>> version. I'm just updating my wife's Win XP home edition SP1 laptop.
>>> but Microsoft update site just links to SP3 or SP2 for multiple
>>> machines? I believe i can order a free hard copy online from microsoft,
>>> but I'd rather just DL one. I did try a link from another site which let
>>> me DL it but I noticed the KB number applied to the multiple machine
>>> SP2.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
>> Windows XP Service Pack 2 Network Installation Package for IT
>> Professionals and Developers
>>
>> John
>
> Brief Description
> This installation package is intended for IT professionals and developers
> downloading and installing on multiple computers on a network. If you're
> updating just one computer, please visit Windows Update
> this is for multiple machines though!
> --
>

> Regards
> p.mc

Can someone click my link to see if this is the SP2 DL i'm looking for?

--

Regards
p.mc