From: Brian Ketterling on
In news:47fffec0$0$14278$5a62ac22(a)per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au,
Mark McDougall <msmcdoug(a)no.spam.iinet> wrote:

> IMHO the biggest barrier to success is the lack of software support -
no-one
> is interested in a machine that has no software...

I think that's right -- all cart, no horse.

Brian

From: Mark McDougall on
BruceMcF wrote:

> How to get a Chinese (or Malaysian or ...) manufacturer interested in
> making it? SNES is the only lure I could see, but SNES+C64 with a SD
> Flash ram socket.

That would be my main incentive to get a 65816 core going - a SNES would be
seriously cool. Since we've now got an Amiga in an FPGA - including 68K core
- it's certainly quite feasible and I wouldn't be too surprised if someone
announced one in the not-too-distant future.

Regards,

From: Harry Potter on
On Apr 11, 11:44 am, "Tom Lake" <tl...(a)twcny.rr.com> wrote:
> While I'd like to see that, too, it would take a lot of volunteer
> work since the commercial appeal would be extremely limited.
> I don't think you'll ever see it actually happen.
>
> Tom Lake

I appreciate all your opinions, and I think they're right. I was just
asking, though.
From: John Selck on
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:37:54 +0200, Harry Potter <maspethrose7(a)aol.com>
wrote:

> I would like somebody to do what Apple did with the IIgs and make a
> C64/128-compatible 16-bit computer. It would have the following
> features:
>
> * A version of the 65816 processor
> * 16-bit graphics/sound
> * hardware-based 1571 burst mode
> * compatibility with CMD drives and CBM devices
> * modular 8-bit and 16-bit BASICs
> * in-ROM compression and text editing
> * RGB monitor
> * math coprocessor
> * character and bitmapped graphics modes and sprites

What about this: Amiga
From: Tom Lake on

"Harry Potter" <maspethrose7(a)aol.com> wrote in message
> On Apr 11, 11:44 am, "Tom Lake" <tl...(a)twcny.rr.com> wrote:
>> While I'd like to see that, too, it would take a lot of volunteer
>> work since the commercial appeal would be extremely limited.
>> I don't think you'll ever see it actually happen.
>>
>> Tom Lake
>
> I appreciate all your opinions, and I think they're right. I was just
> asking, though.

Hey, if it wasn't for dreamers who ask, "What if...." we'd never
have most of our great inventions!

Tom Lake