From: winston19842005 on
On Apr 12, 5:26 pm, aiiad...(a)gmail.com wrote:

> Thomas Edison was an evil man who used every dirty tactic to discredit
> Tesla.. His DC method of power generation and distribution was
> extremely
> dangerous and prone to problems. He didn't even understand the DC
> generators he was working with. Fires, breakdowns, and arcs jumping
> off wires/junction boxes.
>
> When Tesla showed him AC, he didn't understand it either. He spread
> propaganda, put on live shows of killing stray animals with AC. Tesla
> and westinghouse had to fight pretty damn hard to get AC accepted
> by the public.

Don't forget the elephant!

From: Wildstar on
Yes, there is already one - Jeri's C-One core she did with Rev. 0 board.
It probably won't be far stretch to put one together on the current Rev.1
board.

Just instead of emulating the 6510, use the 65c816 CPU card as the CPU.
You just might free up some logic to do a few enhancement to the VIC-II.

Anyway, it be cute to see.

From: Wildstar on
Dudes, EVERY new computer platform starts with NO software except for the
few handful that the computer manufacturer puts in.

To put it short, in order to bring a new computer platform into the fray -
do what every manufacturer did in those days. DON'T introduce the computer
until you have a handful of software and you bring in a few stake-holders
with skills in hardware AND software. Too bad, you can't hire anyone but the
corporations did and do. They hire sw developers to develop the OS and a set
of software to start the users and developers off.

Commodore did it with BASIC in PET. Initially, they develop a set of tools.

From: Joe Forster/STA on
> EVERY new computer platform starts with NO software except for the
> few handful that the computer manufacturer puts in.

The question, however, is whether software developers can come up with
something, specific to the platform, that is special, not to be found
(in that particular form) on another platform. That can attract
people. As an example: if you build a new hardware that can run
Unix... so what? We already have lots of different kinds of hardware
running Unix; what was the point of designed yet another?
From: BruceMcF on
On Apr 12, 6:19 pm, "Wildstar" <wildstar...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dudes, EVERY new computer platform starts with NO software except for the
> few handful that the computer manufacturer puts in.

That's why most new platforms are introduced with backward
compatibility with an existing platform. At least, since I've been
watching ... might have been different in the sixties and early
seventies, I admit.

The discussion in this newsgroup, though, is more often about platform
mining.

The C64 can go onto the internet on its own, has a reasonable stock of
retro games, a module selector mode that is upwardly compatible with a
C64, so that the module selector mode expands into a C64, while the
emulated consoles such as the SNES run "in a box".

The mock-up to give the Chinese manufacturer an idea of the
possibilities of the design would be done by a krewe with skills in
hacking C64DTV's, which is not a stretch because it is *less*
ambitious than most C64DTV hacks. The software is mostly glue and wire
around existing software.