First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
User's computer is hosed
I'm working on a computer for one of my users (I'm the IT Manager for a small carpet company) and the user brought his home PC for me to work on in my own time, stating that it was "messed up." The symptoms are as follows -- internet/network doesn't work, even when the network cable is plugged in. It's extremely sl... 6 Feb 2010 11:53
Odd Notification Area behavior Win7 Pro x64
Just curious if anyone else has run in to this. When I go to customers the notification area some of the icons for the listed apps are wrong. For example, Windows Update has the icon for Open DNS updater app, Windows Explorer has the Microsoft Security Essentials icon, java platform has the USB icon, Outlook ha... 8 Feb 2010 16:52
Changing the System Restore Schedule
Is there a way to specify the schedule on which Windows 7 creates System Restore Points? If I understand correctly, by default, it does it weekly, but I would like to be able to change the schedule. But one of the most important aspects of the schedule that I am worried about is what time of day it creates the ... 3 Feb 2010 12:53
Indexing Problems - WINDOWS 7 - 64 bit
Indexing defaults for MS PUBLISHER FILES (extension .pub) is INDEX PROPERTIES ONLY. Even if you change this to INDEX PROPERTIES AND FILE CONTENTS and re-build the index, Windows 7 search does not register any content from .pub files. Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong? The same problem happened with ... 2 Feb 2010 17:36
Home for WINDOWS 7 Questions
Can't find a place to ask WINDOWS 7 Questions on this forum. Can some-one create a place please? Jay ... 2 Feb 2010 17:36
how do i change the part of a name of a group of files?
windows can change the whole name and put an increasing digit after the change but my files are increasing order and I only need to change part of the name and the rest of the name is unique. for example: I have MAR68370.jpg and MAR68369.jpg and many more and I want to change the name to 68MAR370.jpg and 68MAR3... 2 Feb 2010 17:36
Is Notepad in x64 version is a 64 Bit application?
I don't have a 64 Bit Windows version installed. Does anyone know if Notepad that is included with Windows XP/Vista/2008/7 64-Bit editions is 32 or 64 Bits? The reason I am asking is that I have developed a tool that fails if the application that I try to automate is 64 bits, and Notepad is one of these appl... 3 Feb 2010 09:28
newsgroup
thanks, found it... .. Eric .. ... 2 Feb 2010 17:36
newsgroup
can I get the info on who carries alt.windows7.general .. Eric .. ... 2 Feb 2010 17:36
Can not install Internet Explorer on this version of windows
On win xp pro 64-bit. I upgraded to Internet explorer 8 now when I attempt to get updates I get "We need to open a 32-bit version of Internet Explorer", but it fails.... I have attempted to download/install a new copy of IE 8 (32-bit) but get an installation error "Internet Explorer 8 is not supported on this O... 2 Feb 2010 17:36