First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Windows 64-bit is awful.
im a musician and i have a gateway laptop that is 64bit and came with vista,and i use this pc mainly for music/audio recording,and i ended up downgrading to xp 64 bit,everything works fine,except the audio,i keep getting a choppy sound buffer problems,and alot of times i wont even hear any sound,but i'll see al... 20 Mar 2010 03:01
missing/lost files in office 2007 (64bit) after saving
We have deployed Office 2007 on a SBS 2008 network (64bit) after some problems converting the ACT data base & associated Excel & Word 2003 document formats everything seemed to getting along. Yesterday I had a call to say an Excel spread sheet, converted on the 9th March, had disappeared after a recent save. Th... 16 Mar 2010 13:58
64 bit compilers
Are there any free c/c++ compilers which will allow compilation targeting 64 bit WIndows 7? -- Paul Melbourne, Australia ... 17 Mar 2010 06:54
Self installing Drives
This is going to be a bit long. Last month I bought a new HP computer with Windows7 64 bits. I uninstalled the Norton antivirus that came with it, and used the Norton Removal Tool to clean any thing left over, if any. I have Microsoft Security Essentials and the Windows firewall ON. I have not installed any pro... 15 Mar 2010 18:11
Interesting
Just thought I would mention this.. I just did a fresh install of win 7 pro 64 and went through the WEI at which point my system scored a 7.4. Afterwards I thought well heck I have not even updated the graphics to the latest from ATI's site! (windows drivers only). After going to ATI and doing that and refreshi... 17 Mar 2010 15:59
Accessing the internet
Having major problems here. I have XP Pro and have an internet connection. The problem is this: when I try to access any page, it either says it's connecting and stays that way, or, it states that it cannot access this web page. When I try to check my ipconfig in run, all comes up except default gateway. Tha... 14 Mar 2010 18:47
IIS 7 Default page
Hello everyone, I just installed the IIS7 web services, web site and FTP on my PC, there is a default page that comes up when I log into my web site the IIS7 welcome page, I already have a default.htlm page that I would like to use instead of the default one, how do I go about replacing the default IIS7 welcom... 14 Mar 2010 17:41
UPS suggestion
Can anyone recommend an UPS that works well with Windows, doesn't beep at you when the power goes off, and will stay on for about 20 minutes and only shut down the PC if it has to. These used to work well, but now the ones they sell just shut down and don't even turn Windows off. Specifically the new ones I... 14 Mar 2010 10:55
Help with Remote Assistance
We seriously need help making a Remote Assistance connection. We have some senior family members who really need our constant assistance, but we cannot connect. Here is a little background: FIRST, the connection is being made over the internet, with an invitation and password, not within a local network. ... 19 Mar 2010 03:50
Windows
You guys advertize how you like suggestions for your operating system. If you need to, make sure the Data and programs are always handled as DATA before they are run. Basically, that means just keep all of the code moving from memory to disk, disk to memory, or any other port to any form of media away from th... 12 Mar 2010 07:14