From: Frank ess on

Savageduck wrote:
> On 2010-07-02 19:38:20 -0700, "John Sisker" <jsisker(a)sprynet.com>
> said:
>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>>> For those who care, a 1948 Hudson Commodore, downtown this
>>> morning. < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC3644w.jpg >
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Savageduck
>>>

>> Interesting picture of the car itself, but the photo looks like
>> nothing more than my typical travel snapshots. A slightly
>> different angle would have been much better, plus some serious
>> cropping for a better composition, and if you actually intended
>> that reflection, that could have been done much better as well. In
>> this particular case, I would assume that you did have amply time
>> in taking the picture, even with the possibility of using
>> different lenses and/or special effects. John Sisker - Huntington
>> Beach, California
>
> You are correct. It is nothing more than an opportunistic snapshot,
> no cropping, I didn't care about the reflection. The reflection was
> of my car which I had to park along side. This was not a
> competition entry, just a shot of a car I haven't seen for some
> time, and I thought some here might be interested.
>
> Another example might be something like this;
> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3479w.jpg >
> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3485w.jpg >

There is a Hudson in here, too (If you are looking for "photography",
don't look; it's just interesting cars, caught as catch could) :

http://www.fototime.com/inv/D95D32BD9BAC223

--
Frank ess

From: John Sisker on
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 19:38:20 -0700, "John Sisker" <jsisker(a)sprynet.com>
> wrote:
>
>>"Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>>> For those who care, a 1948 Hudson Commodore, downtown this morning.
>>>
>>> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC3644w.jpg >
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Savageduck
>>>

>>Interesting picture of the car itself, but the photo looks like nothing
>>more
>>than my typical travel snapshots. A slightly different angle would have
>>been
>>much better, plus some serious cropping for a better composition, and if
>>you
>>actually intended that reflection, that could have been done much better
>>as
>>well. In this particular case, I would assume that you did have amply time
>>in taking the picture, even with the possibility of using different lenses
>>and/or special effects.
>>

> Interesting critique, John. Feel free to offer a critique on my
> recent photograph of an automobile. Note that there are no
> distracting reflections.
>
> No special effects were used. While I could have used my Bondo or my
> Turtle Wax filter, I didn't.
>
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/Current-Favorite-Shot/2010-06-30-003/919446485_6YMQ7-XL.jpg
>
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Oh now you're just being sarcastic, or should that be sardonic. And I
thought you could take as good as you can give.

John Sisker - Huntington Beach, California

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-02 20:26:00 -0700, "Frank ess" <frank(a)fshe2fs.com> said:

> Savageduck wrote:
>> On 2010-07-02 19:38:20 -0700, "John Sisker" <jsisker(a)sprynet.com>
>> said:
>>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

>>> Interesting picture of the car itself, but the photo looks like
>>> nothing more than my typical travel snapshots. A slightly
>>> different angle would have been much better, plus some serious
>>> cropping for a better composition, and if you actually intended
>>> that reflection, that could have been done much better as well. In
>>> this particular case, I would assume that you did have amply time
>>> in taking the picture, even with the possibility of using
>>> different lenses and/or special effects. John Sisker - Huntington
>>> Beach, California
>>
>> You are correct. It is nothing more than an opportunistic snapshot,
>> no cropping, I didn't care about the reflection. The reflection was
>> of my car which I had to park along side. This was not a
>> competition entry, just a shot of a car I haven't seen for some
>> time, and I thought some here might be interested.
>>
>> Another example might be something like this;
>> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3479w.jpg >
>> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3485w.jpg >
>
> There is a Hudson in here, too (If you are looking for "photography",
> don't look; it's just interesting cars, caught as catch could) :
>
> http://www.fototime.com/inv/D95D32BD9BAC223

Exactly.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Peter on
> On 2010-07-02 19:38:20 -0700, "John Sisker" <jsisker(a)sprynet.com> said:
>
>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>>> For those who care, a 1948 Hudson Commodore, downtown this morning.
>>>
>>> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC3644w.jpg >
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Savageduck
>>>

>> Interesting picture of the car itself, but the photo looks like nothing
>> more than my typical travel snapshots. A slightly different angle would
>> have been much better, plus some serious cropping for a better
>> composition, and if you actually intended that reflection, that could
>> have been done much better as well. In this particular case, I would
>> assume that you did have amply time in taking the picture, even with the
>> possibility of using different lenses and/or special effects.
>>
>> John Sisker - Huntington Beach, California
>
> You are correct. It is nothing more than an opportunistic snapshot, no
> cropping, I didn't care about the reflection. The reflection was of my car
> which I had to park along side. This was not a competition entry, just a
> shot of a car I haven't seen for some time, and I thought some here might
> be interested.
>
> Another example might be something like this;
> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3479w.jpg >
> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3485w.jpg >

You are really trying to make me feel older.
Mine was tan with the suicide doors.

--
Peter

From: Peter on
> On 2010-07-02 19:19:40 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:
>
>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>>> For those who care, a 1948 Hudson Commodore, downtown this morning.
>>>
>>> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC3644w.jpg >
>>>

>> Reminded me of my old 1952 Hudson Hornet.
>
> Well at least you had a "real" Hornet, not one of the AMC abominations.
> Was yours a Coupe, sedan, or convertible?

Sedan, black. I traded it in for a Nash Rambler. (2nd worse car I ever
owned) My Olds diesel being the worst, even though it was a tank and
probably saved my daughter's life when she got sideswiped by a motorcycle.

--
Peter