From: Peter on
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 23:47:58 -0400, "Peter"
> <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>
>>Sedan, black. I traded it in for a Nash Rambler. (2nd worse car I ever
>>owned) My Olds diesel being the worst, even though it was a tank and
>>probably saved my daughter's life when she got sideswiped by a motorcycle.
>
> Ohhh! I had one of those. An Oldsmobile diesel station wagon. Zero
> to 60 by tomorrow and a dense cloud of black smoke. Bought during the
> gas crisis in 1973.

I got mine two weeks before the gas crisis. One guy wanted to start a fight
because I pulled up straight to the diesel pump. He said I should wait in
line.

Big advantage to the cloud. A cure for the inevitable A--hole tailgaters. A
few quick pumps of the accelerator would quickly give them a hint.

--
Peter

From: Peter on
> On 2010-07-02 20:40:12 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:
>
>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

>>> You are correct. It is nothing more than an opportunistic snapshot, no
>>> cropping, I didn't care about the reflection. The reflection was of my
>>> car which I had to park along side. This was not a competition entry,
>>> just a shot of a car I haven't seen for some time, and I thought some
>>> here might be interested.
>>>
>>> Another example might be something like this;
>>> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3479w.jpg >
>>> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3485w.jpg >
>>

>> You are really trying to make me feel older.
>> Mine was tan with the suicide doors.
>
> Here is another Cord shot to help relieve your nausea.
> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3487w.jpg >

Good job you're not a doctor. <G>

--
Peter

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-03 05:16:09 -0700, "dadiOH" <dadiOH(a)invalid.com> said:

> Savageduck wrote:
>> For those who care, a 1948 Hudson Commodore, downtown this morning.
>>
>> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC3644w.jpg >
>
> Dang...a car with a useable back seat! And wind windows!!! I miss both...
>
> Are you sure about the year though? I don't remember them looking like that
> until later (circa 1950 -1951).

Yup, The year was good, 1948. First of the "step-down" frame
Commodores, all original. I had a long talk to the owner who would be
happy to sell it for $35K.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-03 05:57:50 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:

> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>> On 2010-07-02 20:40:12 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:
>>
>>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

>>> You are really trying to make me feel older.
>>> Mine was tan with the suicide doors.
>>
>> Here is another Cord shot to help relieve your nausea.
>> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3487w.jpg >
>>

> Good job you're not a doctor. <G>

Here I was thinking you should take three, and you would feel better in
the moning.
Sorry about that.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: John McWilliams on
Peter wrote:
> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>> On 2010-07-02 20:47:58 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net>

>>> Sedan, black. I traded it in for a Nash Rambler. (2nd worse car I
>>> ever owned) My Olds diesel being the worst, even though it was a tank
>>> and probably saved my daughter's life when she got sideswiped by a
>>> motorcycle.
>>
>> Aah! A Nash, there was a big AMC goof on your part. You should have
>> stuck with the Hornet.
>
> Well the Rambler had seats that folded into a bed. And I was single at
> the time.

Amen! My family had one, beige colored, that we dubbed 'the flesh pile'.
I got to use it one Summer for a very long trip around the US. Ran like
a clock, got abused, survived.

--
john mcwilliams