From: nm5k on
On Jul 3, 12:15 pm, n...(a)wt.net wrote:
> On Jul 3, 1:24 am, piks11 <pik...(a)live.com> wrote:
>

> > > After doing a bit of checking I believe it's a 53 Chevy Bel Air.- Hide quoted text -

> > I'm not sure, but it was either a 53 or 54.  Really nice one.  I had
> > that view for the better part of an hour.
>
> It's a 53.. One of 24k , so probably not too many others like it
> in that shape. The 54 had a longer more vertical tail light.
> And you can tell it from a 52 in that the 53's lower trunk line was
> lower on the 53 and 54 vs the earlier years. It almost went down
> to the bumper, where as the 52 had the lower trunk edge a good
> bit higher.. It's a 53, and a pretty valuable one at that, being a
> rag top in nice shape.

Here's a red version.. So we know there are at least 2 out of 24k
still in good shape.. :/ Wonder how many more exist..
http://www.remarkablecars.com/ppads/showproduct.php/product/3618
From: John Sisker on
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 20:06:41 -0700, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>>On 2010-07-02 19:47:41 -0700, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net>
>>said:

>>> Interesting critique, John. Feel free to offer a critique on my
>>> recent photograph of an automobile. Note that there are no
>>> distracting reflections.
>>>
>>> No special effects were used. While I could have used my Bondo or my
>>> Turtle Wax filter, I didn't.
>>>
>>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/Current-Favorite-Shot/2010-06-30-003/919446485_6YMQ7-XL.jpg
>>
>>I'm
>>>
>>thankful you took care of those annoying reflections there Tony. A fine
>>capture of American iron.
>>Thinking of a full restoration are you?
>
> Naw, the car I saw that day that I would like to restore was this one:
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/Current-Favorite-Shot/2010-06-30-002/919446464_RcCHu-XL.jpg
> Being a Hoosier by birth, I've always had a soft spot for Studebakers.
> --
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Since we're off the subject of photography itself and on to cars instead,
for what it is worth, here is a photo of my favorate car.

http://www.tinplatedesign.com/Cars.jpg

John Sisker - Huntington Beach, California

From: nm5k on
On Jul 3, 12:33 pm, "John Sisker" <jsis...(a)sprynet.com> wrote:

> Since we're off the subject of photography itself and on to cars instead,
> for what it is worth, here is a photo of my favorate car.
>
> http://www.tinplatedesign.com/Cars.jpg
>
> John Sisker - Huntington Beach, California

At first glance reminded me of the Oscar Meyer weinermobile.. :/
Weird body the way it's not proportional as far as the roof and
windshield.
From: John Sisker on
<nm5k(a)wt.net> wrote in message
On Jul 3, 12:33 pm, "John Sisker" <jsis...(a)sprynet.com> wrote:

> Since we're off the subject of photography itself and on to cars instead,
> for what it is worth, here is a photo of my favorate car.
>
> http://www.tinplatedesign.com/Cars.jpg
>
> John Sisker - Huntington Beach, California

At first glance reminded me of the Oscar Meyer weinermobile.. :/
Weird body the way it's not proportional as far as the roof and
windshield.

Watch the Pixas movie Cars. That might give some clues as to the design
influence of this particular cartoon car character. Incidentally, Mater, the
old tow-truck, was indeed based on a real tow-truck, along with Doc Hudson,
being a classic Hudson.

John Sisker - Huntington Beach, California

From: tony cooper on
On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 10:33:40 -0700, "John Sisker" <jsisker(a)sprynet.com>
wrote:

>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 20:06:41 -0700, Savageduck
>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>>>I'm
>>>>
>>>thankful you took care of those annoying reflections there Tony. A fine
>>>capture of American iron.
>>>Thinking of a full restoration are you?
>>
>> Naw, the car I saw that day that I would like to restore was this one:
>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/Current-Favorite-Shot/2010-06-30-002/919446464_RcCHu-XL.jpg
>> Being a Hoosier by birth, I've always had a soft spot for Studebakers.
>> --
>> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
>

>Since we're off the subject of photography itself and on to cars instead,
>for what it is worth, here is a photo of my favorate car.
>
>http://www.tinplatedesign.com/Cars.jpg

Yes, it figures you would like one with advertising on it.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida