From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-02 22:22:55 -0700, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 20:06:41 -0700, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-07-02 19:47:41 -0700, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:

>>> Interesting critique, John. Feel free to offer a critique on my
>>> recent photograph of an automobile. Note that there are no
>>> distracting reflections.
>>>
>>> No special effects were used. While I could have used my Bondo or my
>>> Turtle Wax filter, I didn't.
>>>
>>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/Current-Favorite-Shot/2010-06-30-003/919446485_6YMQ7-XL.jpg

I'm

thankful

>> you took care of those annoying reflections there Tony. A fine
>> capture of American iron.
>> Thinking of a full restoration are you?
>
> Naw, the car I saw that day that I would like to restore was this one:
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/Current-Favorite-Shot/2010-06-30-002/919446464_RcCHu-XL.jpg
Being

> a Hoosier by birth, I've always had a soft spot for Studebakers.

'47 OK, but I would prefer one of the "bullet-nose" Champions.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-03 01:36:38 -0700, SneakyP
<48umofa02(a)WHITELISTONLYsneakemail.com> said:

> Gil <Gil(a)nilspam.xyz> wrote in
>

>> So, what did you think of the car, or did you even see it?
>>

> I didn't even see who you were replying to, but the car seemed nostalgic.

It seems "he of a 1000 nyms," this time posing as one "R Davis," found
fault with my shot of the Hudson. I only read what he had to say when
Gil recycled it.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: dadiOH on
Savageduck wrote:
> For those who care, a 1948 Hudson Commodore, downtown this morning.
>
> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC3644w.jpg >

Dang...a car with a useable back seat! And wind windows!!! I miss both...

Are you sure about the year though? I don't remember them looking like that
until later (circa 1950 -1951).

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

From: Peter on
> On 2010-07-02 20:47:58 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:
>
>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

>>> Well at least you had a "real" Hornet, not one of the AMC abominations.
>>> Was yours a Coupe, sedan, or convertible?
>>>

>> Sedan, black. I traded it in for a Nash Rambler. (2nd worse car I ever
>> owned) My Olds diesel being the worst, even though it was a tank and
>> probably saved my daughter's life when she got sideswiped by a
>> motorcycle.
>
> Aah! A Nash, there was a big AMC goof on your part. You should have stuck
> with the Hornet.

Well the Rambler had seats that folded into a bed. And I was single at the
time.

--
Peter

From: Robert Coe on
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 22:46:15 -0400, Gil <Gil(a)nilspam.xyz> wrote:
:
:
: R Davis wrote:
: > On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 17:59:01 -0700, Savageduck
: > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
: >
: >> For those who care, a 1948 Hudson Commodore, downtown this morning.
: >>
: >> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC3644w.jpg >
: >
: > Now that was a perfectly good example of wasted bandwidth if I ever saw
: > one. Telephone poles and street-signs apparently affected by earthquakes,
: > a composition that would bring a tear of pain to anyone's eye ... I don't
: > think I've ever seen any lens have that much geometric distortion before.
: >
: > Do everyone a little favor, title your posts with something like "CRAPSHOT"
: > or "SNAPSHOT", "TAKEN WITH SHITTY GEAR" or some kind of warning so those
: > who care to see decent photography won't waste their time looking at images
: > that any 3 year-old with any camera could have done. Actually, a 3 year-old
: > would probably have a camera with less distortion in the images.
: >
: > Whoever sold you that lens must have seen you coming from a long way off.
:
: So, what did you think of the car, or did you even see it?

Car? What car? He never even went to the site. Which actually makes perfect
sense. He intended to comment on aspects of the picture that are unlikely to
be apparent at Web resolution, and in such cases there's no point in wasting
the time it takes to actually look at the picture. Maybe he's not as crazy as
we thought.

Whose is he anyway? If he's ours, maybe he'll blow his head off this weekend,
trying to shoot off fireworks. I wouldn't actually hope for such an outcome,
but I think I could live with the resulting peace and quiet.

Bob