From: piks11 on
On Jul 2, 10:04 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
> On 2010-07-02 19:38:20 -0700, "John Sisker" <jsis...(a)sprynet.com> said:
>

> > "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
> >> For those who care, a 1948 Hudson Commodore, downtown this morning.
>
> >> <http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC3644w.jpg>
>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
>
> >> Savageduck
>
> > Interesting picture of the car itself, but the photo looks like nothing
> > more than my typical travel snapshots. A slightly different angle would
> > have been much better, plus some serious cropping for a better
> > composition, and if you actually intended that reflection, that could
> > have been done much better as well. In this particular case, I would
> > assume that you did have amply time in taking the picture, even with
> > the possibility of using different lenses and/or special effects.
>
> > John Sisker - Huntington Beach, California
>
> You are correct. It is nothing more than an opportunistic snapshot, no
> cropping, I didn't care about the reflection. The reflection was of my
> car which I had to park along side. This was not a competition entry,
> just a shot of a car I haven't seen for some time, and I thought some
> here might be interested.
>
> Another example might be something like this;
> <http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3479w.jpg>
> <http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3485w.jpg>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck- Hide quoted text -

Looks to be a '37 Cord. Front wheel drive. Supercharger. Way before
its time.
From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-02 20:40:12 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:

> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>> On 2010-07-02 19:38:20 -0700, "John Sisker" <jsisker(a)sprynet.com> said:
>>
>>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

>>> Interesting picture of the car itself, but the photo looks like nothing
>>> more than my typical travel snapshots. A slightly different angle would
>>> have been much better, plus some serious cropping for a better
>>> composition, and if you actually intended that reflection, that could
>>> have been done much better as well. In this particular case, I would
>>> assume that you did have amply time in taking the picture, even with
>>> the possibility of using different lenses and/or special effects.
>>>
>>> John Sisker - Huntington Beach, California
>>
>> You are correct. It is nothing more than an opportunistic snapshot, no
>> cropping, I didn't care about the reflection. The reflection was of my
>> car which I had to park along side. This was not a competition entry,
>> just a shot of a car I haven't seen for some time, and I thought some
>> here might be interested.
>>
>> Another example might be something like this;
>> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3479w.jpg >
>> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3485w.jpg >
>

> You are really trying to make me feel older.
> Mine was tan with the suicide doors.

I love Cords.
I remember you telling us the tragedy of yours.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-02 20:47:58 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:

> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>> On 2010-07-02 19:19:40 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:
>>
>>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

>>> Reminded me of my old 1952 Hudson Hornet.
>>
>> Well at least you had a "real" Hornet, not one of the AMC abominations.
>> Was yours a Coupe, sedan, or convertible?
>>

> Sedan, black. I traded it in for a Nash Rambler. (2nd worse car I ever
> owned) My Olds diesel being the worst, even though it was a tank and
> probably saved my daughter's life when she got sideswiped by a
> motorcycle.

Aah! A Nash, there was a big AMC goof on your part. You should have
stuck with the Hornet.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Paul Furman on
Savageduck wrote:
> For those who care, a 1948 Hudson Commodore, downtown this morning.
>
> < http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/DNC3644w.jpg >

Jensen Interceptor II 1969-70
http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgehill/4729792952/
From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-02 20:51:23 -0700, piks11 <piks11(a)live.com> said:

> On Jul 2, 10:04�pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>> On 2010-07-02 19:38:20 -0700, "John Sisker" <jsis...(a)sprynet.com> said:
>>

>>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

>>> Interesting picture of the car itself, but the photo looks like nothing
>>> more than my typical travel snapshots. A slightly different angle would
>>> have been much better, plus some serious cropping for a better
>>> composition, and if you actually intended that reflection, that could
>>> have been done much better as well. In this particular case, I would
>>> assume that you did have amply time in taking the picture, even with
>>> the possibility of using different lenses and/or special effects.
>>
>>> John Sisker - Huntington Beach, California
>>
>> You are correct. It is nothing more than an opportunistic snapshot, no
>> cropping, I didn't care about the reflection. The reflection was of my
>> car which I had to park along side. This was not a competition entry,
>> just a shot of a car I haven't seen for some time, and I thought some
>> here might be interested.
>>
>> Another example might be something like this;
>> <http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3479w.jpg>
>> <http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/_DNC3485w.jpg>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Savageduck- Hide quoted text -

> Looks to be a '37 Cord. Front wheel drive. Supercharger. Way before
> its time.

Correct. 1937 Cord 812. Amazing vehicle. Also had flip-up fender
mounted headlights.

--
Regards,

Savageduck