From: C. Kevin Provance on

"Helmut Meukel" <Helmut_Meukel(a)NoProvider.de> wrote in message news:htse5q$bma$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
: Probably in one of my messages :-)
: I posted this info to some groups.
: But I dont know about any news servers outside of Germany.

It very well may have been. Might have been the vcp group...I don't recall. So much info is such a short time. My footnotes fail me.

: BTW, Eternal-September is from Germany.

Who said sauerkraut and bratwurst were the only good things to come out of DE? The women are fairly hot too. <g>

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT
From: Henning on

"C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> skrev i meddelandet

"Helmut Meukel" <Helmut_Meukel(a)NoProvider.de> wrote in message
: Probably in one of my messages :-)
: I posted this info to some groups.
: But I dont know about any news servers outside of Germany.

It very well may have been. Might have been the vcp group...I don't recall.
So much info is such a short time. My footnotes fail me.

: BTW, Eternal-September is from Germany.

Who said sauerkraut and bratwurst were the only good things to come out of
DE? The women are fairly hot too. <g>

And they also won the European Song Contest last night...

/Henning

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: David Kaye on
sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:
>Why does anything need to be changed at all? Just because Microsoft is
>dropping out does not mean that the newsgroups won't exist! That's the beauty
>of Usenet; it exists as long as there are servers out there carrying it.

Some helpful URLs to keep you connected to Usenet's Microsoft forums:

A FREE Usenet forums feed:
http://www.eternal-september.org/

A FREE Usenet newsreader:
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

or you can use Outlook Express (the Express version, not regular Outlook)

Read the FAQ at Eternal September to learn how to set this stuff up. It'll
take you 5 minutes.

From: David Kaye on
"Helmut Meukel" <Helmut_Meukel(a)NoProvider.de> wrote:

>Because there is one guy - Julien �lie - who is the self-appointed
>Maintainer of the microsoft.public.* groups and has already announced
>he will send RemoveGroup Messages. If the other servers in the
>Usenet will honor his messages, the groups are automatically removed
>from these servers!

This assumes that the servers will honor the messages. It appears that while
most Usenet servers will honor the control messages to set up groups they
don't seem to honor the take-downs.

From: Helmut Meukel on
"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Helmut Meukel" <Helmut_Meukel(a)NoProvider.de> wrote:
>
>>Because there is one guy - Julien �lie - who is the self-appointed
>>Maintainer of the microsoft.public.* groups and has already announced
>>he will send RemoveGroup Messages. If the other servers in the
>>Usenet will honor his messages, the groups are automatically removed
>>from these servers!
>
> This assumes that the servers will honor the messages. It appears that while
> most Usenet servers will honor the control messages to set up groups they
> don't seem to honor the take-downs.

I don't know for the US, but in Germany some people actually *asked* the big
and small Usenet server providers. The traditional Usenet news server admins
answered they will *not* automatically remove the groups, they will however
observe and decide in a few months.
Two big phone/ISP companies didn't answer any mails of their customers,
the third answered they will remove the groups.
Two others don't have own news servers, they out-sourced their news services,
and that company will not remove the microsoft groups.

Helmut.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: ADO versus DAO and Windows 2000