From: Mike Williams on
"Helmut Meukel" <Helmut_Meukel(a)NoProvider.de> wrote in message

> Two big phone/ISP companies didn't answer any
> mails of their customers

So now is the time to ditch them and move somewhere else.

Mike

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Helmut Meukel wrote:
> "C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>
>> "Helmut Meukel" <Helmut_Meukel(a)NoProvider.de> wrote in message
>> : Because there is one guy - Julien �lie - who is the self-appointed
>> : Maintainer of the microsoft.public.* groups and has already announced
>> : he will send RemoveGroup Messages. If the other servers in the
>> : Usenet will honor his messages, the groups are automatically removed
>> : from these servers!
>> :
>> : If nobody cares, the groups will vanish from most Usenet servers.
>> :
>> : Oh, I agree, they will still be there on some servers, but try to find
>> : those few.
>>
>> I think I read someplace that eternal september planned on ignoring those
>> messages.
>
> Probably in one of my messages :-)
> I posted this info to some groups.
> But I dont know about any news servers outside of Germany.
>
> BTW, Eternal-September is from Germany.

I sent them a message, specifically asking about this. Never got a
response.

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: Karl E. Peterson on
David Kaye wrote:
> "Helmut Meukel" <Helmut_Meukel(a)NoProvider.de> wrote:
>
>> Because there is one guy - Julien �lie - who is the self-appointed
>> Maintainer of the microsoft.public.* groups and has already announced
>> he will send RemoveGroup Messages. If the other servers in the
>> Usenet will honor his messages, the groups are automatically removed
>> from these servers!
>
> This assumes that the servers will honor the messages. It appears that while
> most Usenet servers will honor the control messages to set up groups they
> don't seem to honor the take-downs.

So far, I've only heard of ISP admins rejecting the rmgroup requests
from that Jules character for the m.p.* hierarchy. That isn't going to
leave what anyone would consider a critical mass, what with the rate at
which those are falling over.

From: Helmut Meukel on
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Helmut Meukel wrote:
>> "C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>>
>>> "Helmut Meukel" <Helmut_Meukel(a)NoProvider.de> wrote in message
>>> : Because there is one guy - Julien �lie - who is the self-appointed
>>> : Maintainer of the microsoft.public.* groups and has already announced
>>> : he will send RemoveGroup Messages. If the other servers in the
>>> : Usenet will honor his messages, the groups are automatically removed
>>> : from these servers!
>>> :
>>> : If nobody cares, the groups will vanish from most Usenet servers.
>>> :
>>> : Oh, I agree, they will still be there on some servers, but try to find
>>> : those few.
>>>
>>> I think I read someplace that eternal september planned on ignoring those
>>> messages.
>>
>> Probably in one of my messages :-)
>> I posted this info to some groups.
>> But I dont know about any news servers outside of Germany.
>>
>> BTW, Eternal-September is from Germany.
>
> I sent them a message, specifically asking about this. Never got a response.

Karl,
in a posting to the d.a.n.g (de.admin.news.groups) someone wrote about
eternal-september being a one-man-show. Don't know if that's true.

Helmut.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Helmut Meukel wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Helmut Meukel wrote:
>>> "C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>>> Probably in one of my messages :-)
>>> I posted this info to some groups.
>>> But I dont know about any news servers outside of Germany.
>>>
>>> BTW, Eternal-September is from Germany.
>>
>> I sent them a message, specifically asking about this. Never got a
>> response.
>
> Karl,
> in a posting to the d.a.n.g (de.admin.news.groups) someone wrote about
> eternal-september being a one-man-show. Don't know if that's true.

That was my impression, too, yeah.

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT