First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
One video from AE10 conference
For those of you who could not attend the last Ada-Europe conference in Valencia, I have uploaded one industrial presentation video: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D5101676E726E8C9 I was told that all presentations were recorded, so maybe with time more of them will become publicly available. I'm glad... 24 Jun 2010 04:12
Inferring array index type from array object
Consider this: S : String := "Hello"; It is possible to iterate over all indices of this array with this construct: for I in S'Range loop ... I would like to declare I as a free variable instead and I would expect some symmetry in the language by doing this: I : S'Range := S'First; But it does not w... 30 Jun 2010 13:05
Ada, Concurrency and Cryptography.
I don’t profess to be very knowledgeable on the finer points of Ada’s advantages so I will ask my question of more informed people and hopefully get some guidance from some person. In the cryptography that I have invented my encryption program and corresponding decryption program both work in much the same wa... 21 Jun 2010 11:18
Advice on selling Ada to a C shop
I may have the opportunity to pitch Ada for use in some new projects (industrial equipment) at work. The place has been using C by default, not by any conscious choice, and of course they've been paying a typical price for that default. The head of engineering (who is not a software guy) MAY be open to trying Ada... 9 Jul 2010 11:38
Question about SPARK flow error.
My example isn't complete enough to compile, but I could work up a complete example if necessary. Hopefully this will be accurate and complete enough... Consider the following procedure: procedure Add_Item (Item : in Some_Type; Index : out Index_Type) is Found : Boolean; begin Found := False; ... 20 Jun 2010 04:49
What Ada can do for Cryptography.
The cryptographical strength of a cipher is the last ditch strength of the cipher and this is provided by the mathematical algorithm that underpins the core. It is to be taken that this fundamental to all else. The management of the network infrastructure however comes soon after this in importance in my view ... 18 Jun 2010 06:56
Strategies with SPARK which does not support exceptions
Hello, (This topic will probably not be the most exiting topic to some people). When I use SPARK, or even when I don't use SPARK while I still have SPARK design style in mind (even with Pascal which I still use), I have like any one else, to forget about exceptions. The only one thing which seems simple ... 30 Jun 2010 04:19
More Ada in Cryptography.
For whatever it may be worth to any reader – in security of information an out-of-office travelling user may be a business person, a diplomat, military person or whatever but the need in every case is the same and is twofold i.e. they need a secure communications facility to email home sensitive information that is... 17 Jun 2010 05:40
Ada in Cryptography.
For whatever it may be worth to any reader – in security of information an out-of-office user may be a business person, a diplomat, military person or whatever but the need in every case is the same and is twofold i.e. they need a secure communications facility to email home sensitive information accumulated during... 17 Jun 2010 03:31
Press Release - Ada-Europe launches Programming Contest
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Ada-Europe Launches Annual Student Programming Contest "The Ada Way" VALENCIA, Spain (June 16, 2010) On the occasion of Ada-Europe 2010, the 15th annual Conference on Reliable Software Technologies, Ada-Europe, the international organization that promotes the knowledge and use of Ada in... 16 Jun 2010 19:55