First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
What is your preferred VCS?
Since I trust the Ada community by and large when it comes to questions of robustness and cleanliness of code, it seems fitting that I might cast about for opinions on choosing a version control system. My personal preference in the past has been GNU Arch. While its interface was a bit cumbersome, I felt it was ... 13 Aug 2010 16:50
Building SPARK GPL with an open toolchain
Hi, SPARK GPL 2010 is out (check out http://libre.adacore.com) as binaries and source. While the SPARK and Ada tools can be build with gcc, the parts implemented in Prolog (namely the Simplifier and the Checker) require a commercial license of SICStus Prolog. I put together an experimental set of patches to bu... 7 Aug 2010 16:54
ANN: GtkAda contributions v2.8
The described here packages are proposed as a contribution to GtkAda, an Ada bindings to GTK+. It deals with the following issues: - Tasking support; - Custom models for tree view widget; - Custom cell renderers for tree view widget; - Multi-columned derived model; - Extension derived model (to add columns to a... 28 Jul 2010 16:15
The state of functional programming
As I am continuing my freshman year of college majoring in cs it seems I stand alone with the view of abuse or at least over-use of OOP concepts and the knowledge of functional programming in general. Of the many people I have met who are currently or have recently graduated with a cs degree, very few have ever lea... 3 Aug 2010 10:19
team-ada (was e: Interfacing Ada with C
everybody reading comp.lang.ada is invited for subscription to the TEAM-ADA list (Team Ada: Ada Programming Language Advocacy) I am afraid I forgot how... ... 28 Jul 2010 06:21
Sharing generic bodies across instantiations.
It has been my understanding that Ada's generics are designed in such a way as to allow implementations to share the code of a generic body across all the instantiations. I understand that doing this might involve a performance penalty relative to creating independent code for each instantiation. However, I can see... 3 Aug 2010 11:25
Making measurements
Jonathan <johnscpg(a)googlemail.com> wrote: I did a few runs with the linux: time ./bench on an empty machine and got numbers like this: 0m3.612s 0m3.604s 0m3.620s 0m3.612s 0m3.620s 0m3.604s Looks like we have a nice symmetric case where the average and the median are the same. ;-) Some prog... 26 Jul 2010 10:30
Making measurements (Was: compiler settings in AdaGIDE)
Jonathan <johnscpg(a)googlemail.com> wrote: 2010 GNAT GPL: gnatmake bench.adb -gnatnp -O2 -march=native -ffast-math -funroll- loops 3.61 seconds I hope this is a average or median value from several measurements. Which of the two? Did you estimate the uncertaincy of your measurements? Ja... 26 Jul 2010 06:11
KISS4691, a potentially top-ranked RNG.
On Jul 24, 9:02 am, geo <gmarsag...(a)gmail.com> wrote: I have been asked to recommend an RNG (Random Number Generator) that ranks at or near the top in all of the categories: performance on tests of randomness, length of period, simplicity and speed. The most important measure, of course, is perform... 9 Aug 2010 11:11
books on numerical programming in Ada
Hi, My interest being purely using numerical methods with Ada, I would like to know what publications are out there apart the Annex G of the RM? From what I've seen on the web, we have the books: 1. Scientific Ada, published in 1987 2. Applied Ada, published in 1986 and from an earlier post here on comp-... 26 Jul 2010 10:30