First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Learning Ada
I wish to learn Ada(*) so I am looking for a free compiler to run on Windows XP. Any suggestions? (* Do you really? Yes, really.) -- I can't go on, I'll go on. ... 25 Jul 2010 17:16
Interfacing Ada with C
Hi, Having some background in C and in Ada, I would like to have some examples on how to interface codes between these two languages. I loved Ada but scientific computing libraries are not available. So I was thinking to use an available numeric library in C to do some mathematical operations such as calculati... 7 Aug 2010 09:18
Dhrystone
Does anyone know where the original Ada source of the Dhrystone benchmark can be downloaded? So far I've only identified the ACM portal, to which I have no access. -- Bill Findlay <surname><forename> chez blueyonder.co.uk ... 24 Jul 2010 12:18
compiler settings in AdaGIDE
Hi, I'm using the AdaGIDE editor (version 7.45.2) together with the GNAT AdaCore libre compiler (release 2010) on a Win XP machine. I would like my codes to run as fast as possible and here is the content of a typical gnat.ago file that I use. Please let me know what improvements I can make in order for an Ada... 1 Aug 2010 13:43
Elaboration query
I have a package which is a grandchild, and GNAT issues elaboration warnings on its body, thus: with IOC.shift; pragma Elaborate_All(IOC.shift); package body IOC.shift.TR is ... overriding procedure Initialize (the_reader : in out IOC.shift.TR.device) is begin ... open(..... 23 Jul 2010 11:22
finding an example about possible conflicts and modelling them using VDM
Hi guys, I need to add an extension to the models that I already have about Virtual Organizations. The problem is I have a scenario which is based on civil-context major incident and I need to find a conflict that might arise during their response to the incident. Then I have to model that conflict using ... 22 Jul 2010 07:01
The Ada Connection - 20-24 June 2011, Edinburgh, UK
The Ada Connection = Ada Europe 2011 + Ada Conference UK 2011 Call for papers, tutorials and workshops is now available at http://conferences.ncl.ac.uk/adaconnection2011/ The Ada Connection combines the 16th International Conference on Reliable Software Technologies – Ada-Europe 2011 – with Ada Conference UK 2... 21 Jul 2010 11:20
SPARK - an idea for high integrity data structures
I have had a hobby project for a while to create SPARK versions of data structures, supported by partial proofs of correctness. However, if the proofs are tackled in the most obvious way then the effort required to show that the relevant data structure invariant is maintained by each operation grows out of all pr... 22 Jul 2010 07:01
Determining value of record discriminant
Say I have a discriminated record with the following definition -- code begins type Discrim_Val is (Int, Str); type Discrim_Rec (D : Discrim_Val) is record case D is when Int => Val_Int : Integer := 1_000_000; when Str => Val_Str : String (1 .. 11) := "One million"; e... 20 Jul 2010 05:54
Dispatching confusion
I'm by why this bit of class-wide dispatching I'm trying to use isn't compiling. Granted, I haven't used it much over the years, but it seemed pretty straightforward. I've concocted a representative example that exhibits the problem, and so I would appreciate a pointer to what I'm missing here. This example... 18 Jul 2010 11:35