From: Helene on
Joel, Not sure what a DVI connector is. Is that a cable? I know just enough
to be dangerous, but not enough to know what I'm doing.

Helene

From: Helene on
This sounds like exactly what this computer was doing. After I update the
drivers, I will play around with the memory cards if it is still acting up.
Thanks for the info.

Helene

From: Helene on
I couldn't update the drivers from a cd-rom because it isn't available in
safe mode, but I did reinstall the drivers from windows folder and that
seemed to correct that problem. It now opens as far as the desk top and then
freezes.

I have checked the memory card to be sure it was seated properly and that
made no difference. I did find that there is only 1 card. Maybe the card is
bad.

From: Helene on
I found out there is only 1 memory card, so could play around much. I did
make sure it was seated properly, and it is.

From: Helene on
Latest update:

I have downloaded a memory tester from Microsoft, and it found no errors
with the memory. Now I am really stumped!!!

Helene