From: His kennyness on
On 06/30/2010 01:16 PM, Richard Cornford wrote:
> On Jun 30, 2:35 pm, His kennyness wrote:
>> On 06/29/2010 11:41 PM, RobG wrote:
> <snip>
>>> The delete key does nothing.
>>
>> Yeah, and that is going to be tricky in a wysiwyg math editor,
>
> But for some reason not that tricky in browser-based wysiwig HTML
> editors.

You do not even know what my math editor does and are smart enough to
talk about it anyway? Will you be my friend? i could learn so
much....PWUAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAA!!!!!!

It's all about the principle of least surprise, and diabolically tricky
transformations of a syntax-heavy tree structure. Does HTML convey tree
structure with superscripts? Oh, no. it doesn't. Gosh, what a diff that
makes, eh? How about with a horizontal bar in fractions? No? Then what
are you yapping about? Go do your homework.

kt
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Stefan Weiss wrote:

> Was that really necessary? RobG gave you the feedback you were
> (apparently) asking for, and for what it's worth, his observations come
> very close to what I've experienced on your website. If you don't want
> feedback, why do you even post to cljs? With your previous posts in this
> group, I used to give you the benefit of the doubt, but this response,
> together with that "communists" remark about open source, makes me think
> you're just trolling here.

Just look at his From header -- "His kennyness" -- he can't be serious.
After a decade of Usenet experience now, I have had to realize that healthy
mistrust (here: score automatically reduced by 1) is appropriate against
anyone not posting under their real name on Usenet. Subtract another 1
for Web posters (like from Google Groups), and filter out the address
mungers.

There are exceptions, like RobG, but they are few and far between.

HTH & F'up2 poster

PointedEars
-- Richard Cornford, cljs, <cife6q$253$1$8300dec7(a)news.demon.co.uk> (2004)
From: Tim Down on
On Jul 1, 6:19 am, His kennyness <kentil...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/30/2010 02:35 PM, Gildas wrote:
>
> > On 29 juin, 12:43, Kenneth Tilton<kentil...(a)gmail.com>  wrote:
> >> Now you can ask for hints (and a bunch more is fixed):
>
> >>http://teamalgebra.com/
>
> > Hi,
>
> > Do you really need to send to your server a XHR each time I hit a key
> > or click in the input control ?
>
> Have you seen the code behind the math editor? Obviously a port to JS
> would be worthwhile when there are no other problems to solve, or if the
> round-trip itself turns out to be a show-stopper. But what I am sure you
> have not considered is the typing speed of a student doing Algebra. I am
> also sure that you believe "texting" from cell phones will never catch
> on because it is so hard typing in the messages.
>
> Keep up the good work.
>
> kt
>
> <what a bunch of losers>

That was a reasonable question, asked politely. You have responded
with yet more sneering. Did you actually want help or did you want an
argument?

Tim
From: Erwin Moller on
His kennyness schreef:
> On 06/29/2010 10:28 AM, Richard Cornford wrote:
>> On Jun 29, 2:06 pm, Kenneth Tilton wrote:

<snip>

>>> Nice bug report. No browser, no OS...
>>
>> What has the OS got to do with anything?
>
> Oh, right, the same browser on different OSes always works exactly the
> same. Not a programmer, eh?

Richard not a programmer?
LOL. You are funny. :-)

Try this:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=richard+cornford

Listen, his Kennyness, some free advice: Trying to insult Richard is
probably not the best way to motivate him to help you out.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

-- C.A.R. Hoare
From: His kennyness on
On 07/01/2010 11:57 AM, Erwin Moller wrote:
> His kennyness schreef:
>> On 06/29/2010 10:28 AM, Richard Cornford wrote:
>>> On Jun 29, 2:06 pm, Kenneth Tilton wrote:
>
> <snip>

>>> What has the OS got to do with anything?
>>
>> Oh, right, the same browser on different OSes always works exactly the
>> same. Not a programmer, eh?
>>

> Richard not a programmer?
> LOL. You are funny. :-)

Thx, that was indeed meant to a typically asinine and silly Usenet way
of mocking the idea that I only have to test, say FireFox, on one OS to
be sure it works on them all (or in this case to take a bug report on a
browser on one OS and test on another -- sure, one can do that to see if
it happens there, too, but if it does not then another round-trip will
be necessary to determine the OS so one can reproduce.

ie, of course I know nothing about the guy except that he does not know
what should go into a good bug report, and good programmers tend to know
that.

Ever hear the expression "The most dangerous gun is one that is
unloaded."? Richard knows the OS cannot have an effect on software
running on the OS. I hope he does better than the guy I knew who proved
the saying about the gun.

I get a kick out of the tv medical mystery "House". They frequently ask
themselves what they "know".

kt

> Try this:
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=richard+cornford
>
> Listen, his Kennyness, some free advice: Trying to insult Richard is
> probably not the best way to motivate him to help you out.
>
> Regards,
> Erwin Moller

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Prev: Single page navigation
Next: using google visualization