From: Bart van der Wolf on

"Bill Funk" <BigBill(a)there.com> wrote in message
SNIP
> ".. as a woman..."??!!
> Your credibility is running away from you.

Credibility?

From: Bart van der Wolf on

<jennifer.wilson2(a)lycos.com> wrote in message

> Bart van der Wolf wrote:
>> It was already clear that you don't understand the
>> difference between monochrome (single color), and
>> spectral band. Each sensel is natively sensitive to a
>> spectrum of roughly 350 to 1000 nm, and filters restrict
>> that to 3 (sometimes 4) slightly overlapping spectral
>> bands.
>

> George is right,

Sure. Why should you contradict yourself?
Yawn.

Bart

From: Ray Fischer on
<jennifer.wilson2(a)lycos.com> wrote:
>KennyJr wrote:
>> I've spent the last several days reading up on the foveon image sensor
>> and I've got to say that I like the idea. One pixel site reading all
>> three colors. It's a good idea with a lot of promise.
>>
>> I've also spent the last several days looking at pictures from Sigma SD9
>> and SD10 cameras. So far I haven't been impressed.
>
>I did the same thing today and I was extrememly impressed.

That's because you're nuts. A preddy sockpuppet.

> Digital photography isn't considered ready for
>prime time by most, if not all photography afficionados,

LOL! Kook!

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: KennyJr on
In article <1119712736.084304.159520(a)g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
jennifer.wilson2(a)lycos.com says...
> I did the same thing today and I was extrememly impressed. Such high
> quality reproduction! Digital photography isn't considered ready for
> prime time by most, if not all photography afficionados, but I doubt
> many of them have seen what Foveon has to offer or realize how
> differently their digital technology has developed.

Your easily impressed. Please post some links to these great
Sigma/Foveon images. I've asked George to post links several weeks ago
and I'm still waiting. I've posted links to Sigma SD10 images as well as
images from a Canon A510. Amazing how much better the pictures from the
under $200 A510 compared to the $1200 SD10.

From: KennyJr on
Had a little time to think about this and I'd like to add...

In article <1119712736.084304.159520(a)g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
jennifer.wilson2(a)lycos.com says...
> Digital photography isn't considered ready for
> prime time by most, if not all photography afficionados,

Really? I see more and more news organizations switching to digital.
Called a buddy of mine who works for the local paper and asked what kind
of cameras they use and he told me Canons and Nikons. I ask about Sigma
and he told me they don't have any. When I asked why they switched to
digital I he told me because of the speed of going from tkaing the shot
to printing the paper.

I've also seen quite a few wedding photographers with digital cameras.
I've see a lot of Canons, Nikons, and even a few Sonys. Not a single
Sigma.

When my niece got her graduation pictures taken the photographer used a
Canon digital camera.

In fact most of the pros I use are now using digital for at least some,
if not most, of their photography.

> but I doubt
> many of them have seen what Foveon has to offer

Chances are they have seen what Sigma/Foveon has to offer and aren't
impressed.

> or realize how
> differently their digital technology has developed.

Different doesn't always mean better. I'm still waiting for a link to
one of these great Sigma/Foveon images.