From: Whoever on
"Sam Spade" <sloopokespam(a)opto.net> wrote in

> Just purchased Dell computer Windows 7 Home (64) and with it came
> McAfee. Thought Windows 7 had anti virus but evidently not. Any
> feedback on McAfee? Sam

Of all of the systems I've cleaned up over the last year or so, roughly
40% of them were running McAfee when they became infected. Not that any AV
solution is 100% perfect, but McAfee seems to be less effective than even
some of the free AV programs.

For what it's worth, Avira's Anti-Vir or Avast are the two I recommend if
you are looking for a free AV program. Antivir is the more effective of the
two, but Avast is more user friendly for newbies to deal with.

For my own systems, I recommend ESET's NOD32 to my commercial customers
and/or those looking for a "pay" AV solution. It's also what I have on my
own systems.

--
Don't bother trying to
contact me via email.
From: M.L. on

>| Just purchased Dell computer Windows 7 Home (64) and with it came McAfee.
>| Thought Windows 7 had anti virus but evidently not. Any feedback on McAfee?

Replace it with the free Microsoft Security Essentials.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/?mkt=en-us
From: Anonymous on

"Whoever" <whoever(a)wherever.invalid> wrote:

> For my own systems, I recommend ESET's NOD32 to
> my commercial customers and/or those looking for
> a "pay" AV solution. It's also what I have on my own
> systems.

+1

In spite of what the resident 'free AV is good enough'
wannabe 'anti-virus experts' and ESET baggers preach
in these newsgroups, NOD32 is still #1.

--
MBK

From: Lil' Abner on
M.L. <me(a)privacy.invalid> wrote in

>>| Just purchased Dell computer Windows 7 Home (64) and with it came
>>| McAfee. Thought Windows 7 had anti virus but evidently not. Any
>>| feedback on McAfee?
>
> Replace it with the free Microsoft Security Essentials.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/?mkt=en-us

And watch your computer slow down.

--
--- Everybody has a right to my opinion. ---
From: Daave on
Lil' Abner wrote:
> M.L. <me(a)privacy.invalid> wrote in

>> Replace it with the free Microsoft Security Essentials.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/?mkt=en-us
>
> And watch your computer slow down.

I'd like to know the experiences of others. Is MSE really that bad?