From: Sam Spade on
Just purchased Dell computer Windows 7 Home (64) and with it came McAfee.
Thought Windows 7 had anti virus but evidently not. Any feedback on McAfee?
Sam

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Sam Spade" <sloopokespam(a)opto.net>

| Just purchased Dell computer Windows 7 Home (64) and with it came McAfee.
| Thought Windows 7 had anti virus but evidently not. Any feedback on McAfee?
| Sam

Replace it with Avira AntiVir.

--
Dave

From: JD on
David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Sam Spade"<sloopokespam(a)opto.net>
>
> | Just purchased Dell computer Windows 7 Home (64) and with it came McAfee.
> | Thought Windows 7 had anti virus but evidently not. Any feedback on McAfee?
> | Sam
>

> Replace it with Avira AntiVir.

Any reason you didn't post a link?

http://www.free-av.com/

How much better is this than my free Avast antivirus? Remember, JD is
curious. 8-)

--
JD..
From: siljaline on
Sam Spade wrote:
> Just purchased Dell computer Windows 7 Home (64) and with it came McAfee.
> Thought Windows 7 had anti virus but evidently not. Any feedback on McAfee?

ESET NOD32 V4
<http://www.eset.com/home/nod32-antivirus>

I use it, many I know in the security community use it, I support it.

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "JD" <JD(a)example.invalid>

| David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: "Sam Spade"<sloopokespam(a)opto.net>

>> | Just purchased Dell computer Windows 7 Home (64) and with it came McAfee.
>> | Thought Windows 7 had anti virus but evidently not. Any feedback on McAfee?
>> | Sam

>> Replace it with Avira AntiVir.

| Any reason you didn't post a link?

| http://www.free-av.com/

| How much better is this than my free Avast antivirus? Remember, JD is
| curious. 8-)

I just didn't post a URL.

One thing is support. Their's is not great. I remember the VBS:Zulu False Positive that
took ~60 days to be corrected.

--
Dave