From: Dante Alighieri on
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 21:19:26 -0400, "Sam Spade"
<sloopokespam(a)opto.net> wrote:

>Just purchased Dell computer Windows 7 Home (64) and with it came McAfee.
>Thought Windows 7 had anti virus but evidently not. Any feedback on McAfee?
>Sam

One study made June 2009 rated McAfee highest on response time and
effectiveness among all American consumer virus programs.

I have fast downloads with Avira full version and they update
frequently. I also use SBS&D as it will pick up some things others
miss.

I have no complaint about McAfee machines I have examined. Most
cleanup problems I found were a result of the users browsing habits.
I find a large number of virtumonde dll's on computers with users who
have bad browsing habits. Take a look at what you find and what the
user does before you blame McAfee.

One corporate network using an expensive highly rated program.
Employees using myspace that was blocked after the myspace bot broke
through their system protection on its fifth attempt. I blocked the
access in the web browser and employees were advised of the
consequences of myspace or similar "temp" files being found in the
"temp" files or access being recorded on the logger's reports.
Their system did not pick up the logger I installed on the company's
computer and workstations. SBS&D and Avira began catching the logger
about two years later so I set them to ignore the files.

HTH

Dante