From: ~BD~ on

"FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
| "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
| >A customer has installed Vipre and I'm curious to know if it's any
| >better than
| > MS Security Essentials. Does anybody have *actual* experience with
| > Vipre?
|
| IIRC Mow Green uses it? I don't know if he posts here though.

Steve Wechsler (aka MowGreen) AumHa VSOP
MS-MVP Consumer Security

......... is a moderator at Aumha

Maybe a good place to ask your question, David Kaye.

http://aumha.net/

HTH

--
Dave BD

From: David Kaye on
sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:

>A customer has installed Vipre and I'm curious to know if it's any better than
>MS Security Essentials. Does anybody have *actual* experience with Vipre?

So, I take it that the answer is no; nobody here has used it yet.

From: badgolferman on
David Kaye wrote:

>sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:
>
>>A customer has installed Vipre and I'm curious to know if it's any
>>better than MS Security Essentials. Does anybody have actual
>>experience with Vipre?
>
>So, I take it that the answer is no; nobody here has used it yet.

Using an anti-virus won't really tell you how good it is. A reputable
organization has to test how well it responds to malware. It sounds to
me you are just asking for an evaluation of its user interface.

--
"If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
From: David Kaye on
"badgolferman" <REMOVETHISbadgolferman(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Using an anti-virus won't really tell you how good it is. A reputable
>organization has to test how well it responds to malware. It sounds to
>me you are just asking for an evaluation of its user interface.

There are lots of people posting on these groups who have inside knowledge as
to how good these products are. For instance, we all agree that Norton and
McAfee are useless, that MBAM is excellent, and that AVG is so-so.

From: gufus on
Hello, Beauregard!

You wrote on Fri, 28 May 2010 07:52:38 -0400:

>> MS developed the OS. They are therefore best able to develop the
>> software to protect the OS.
|
| That made me laugh!! Thanks.

Me too...
--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca