From: George Orwell on

"~BD~" <.BoaterDave(a)hotmail.co.uk> a �crit dans le message news:htqadg$jjd$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
> Surely you have read this item, FTR? http://vipre.malwarebytes.org/

Smoke and mirrors to sell more VIPRE. Zemana Antilogger opted
out of co-operative partnership with Sunbelt this year so Sunbelt
needed a new co-op. I was surprised to see Malwarebytes partner
with VIPRE when many far superior AV's are available - Kaspersky,
ESET, Avast, to name but three - but it migtht be that the better
AV's were not interested in a co-op with Malwarebytes.

My trial finding, one week ago:
Malwarebytes=VERY GOOD.
VIPRE=FORGET IT.

--
Pierre

https://www.mixmaster.it

From: PajaP on
On Fri, 28 May 2010 20:14:15 -0400, "FromTheRafters"
<erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>"PajaP" <pajap(a)news-only.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 28 May 2010 10:36:15 GMT, sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye)
>> wrote:
>>
>>>A customer has installed Vipre and I'm curious to know if it's any
>>>better than
>>>MS Security Essentials. Does anybody have *actual* experience with
>>>Vipre?
>>
>> No, no actual experience, but still confident enough to state
>> categorically that MSE *is* the best.
>>
>> MS developed the OS. They are therefore best able to develop the
>> software to protect the OS.
>
>Non sequitur.
>
>Those that started the fire should know best how to fight it? Besides,
>viruses in particular are just programs, and the OS is designed to help
>users to execute programs of their choosing.

Does not matter, The OS is not open source. MS will always have the
advantage and will always be able to write the best code to run on their
OS. MSE is a good example of this. I know they bought out another
company to get the source code for what has become MSE. Then fine tuned
it to become MSE. Very clever of them. I trust it far more than I would
any other AV software.
From: David Kaye on
Anonymous <cripto(a)ecn.org> wrote:

>Tried it. Much too many false alarm. Deleted it. Non recommand�.

Thank you.

From: David Kaye on
Erik Vastmasd <erik.vastm(a)sd.invalid> wrote:

>I find that Vipre checks for updates every 4 hours or so and does a scan
>every day at 11:00 AM which is configurable.

Thank you.

>I run a very tight computer and neither NOD32 or Vipre have ever
>discovered and reported anything.

This either says something good or says something bad...

From: Anonymous on
Fastmail=Idiotmail.