From: FromTheRafters on
"Ant" <not(a)home.today> wrote in message
> "FromTheRafters" wrote:
>
>> Most of these "anon" posts show up in my newsreader as disconnected
>> from the thread that they were replying to. This one as well, in the
>> right discussion, but not in the right subthread.
>
> They often have no "References:" header or if they do, it contains
> broken message IDs.

....and when the poster changes the subject line (as is often the case),
it appears completely orphaned in OE.

From: John Mason Jr on
On 5/28/2010 6:36 AM, David Kaye wrote:
> A customer has installed Vipre and I'm curious to know if it's any better than
> MS Security Essentials. Does anybody have *actual* experience with Vipre?

I am a happy customer of both the Enterprise and home versions, can't
speak to MSE as I haven't tried it.

The tech support & service are excellent, the products work well even on
older machines with limited resources

John
From: Slarty on
On Sat, 29 May 2010 17:01:14 +1000, Erik Vastmasd wrote:

> I'm still licensed to use NOD32 (ESET Smart Security) but recently spat
> the dummy and uninstalled it because of their insistence to email to my
> ISP email address. which I don't check.

Not in my experience, and I'm a very long term user of NOD32. I cannot
understand why you had that problem, and I very much doubt that it's
because you use the excellent Fastmail.

Cheers,

Roy
From: Slarty on
On Sat, 29 May 2010 11:28:51 +0200 (CEST), Anonymous wrote:

> Fastmail=Idiotmail.

Sounds as though they must have terminated your account at some time.
From: David Kaye on
John Mason Jr <notvalid(a)cox.net.invalid> wrote:

>I am a happy customer of both the Enterprise and home versions, can't
>speak to MSE as I haven't tried it.
>
>The tech support & service are excellent, the products work well even on
>older machines with limited resources

Thank you. That is the kind of stuff I was expecting to see.