From: FromTheRafters on
"PajaP" <pajap(a)news-only.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 May 2010 10:36:15 GMT, sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye)
> wrote:
>
>>A customer has installed Vipre and I'm curious to know if it's any
>>better than
>>MS Security Essentials. Does anybody have *actual* experience with
>>Vipre?
>
> No, no actual experience, but still confident enough to state
> categorically that MSE *is* the best.
>
> MS developed the OS. They are therefore best able to develop the
> software to protect the OS.

Non sequitur.

Those that started the fire should know best how to fight it? Besides,
viruses in particular are just programs, and the OS is designed to help
users to execute programs of their choosing.

From: FromTheRafters on
"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:
>
>>A customer has installed Vipre and I'm curious to know if it's any
>>better than
>>MS Security Essentials. Does anybody have *actual* experience with
>>Vipre?
>
> So, I take it that the answer is no; nobody here has used it yet.

It seems so. The fact is that I have never heard anyone except Mow Green
suggest it as one they trusted - had it not been for his post some time
back in a group far far away...I would probably not have known of its
existence.

From: Anonymous on

"FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> a �crit dans le message news:htpmp1$ddi$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
> "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:
>>
>>>A customer has installed Vipre and I'm curious to know if it's any
>>>better than
>>>MS Security Essentials. Does anybody have *actual* experience with
>>>Vipre?
>>
>> So, I take it that the answer is no; nobody here has used it yet.
>
> It seems so. The fact is that I have never heard anyone except Mow Green
> suggest it as one they trusted - had it not been for his post some time
> back in a group far far away...I would probably not have known of its
> existence.

Tried it. Much too many false alarm. Deleted it. Non recommand�.

From: badgolferman on
David Kaye, 5/28/2010,3:06:50 PM, wrote:

> "badgolferman" <REMOVETHISbadgolferman(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Using an anti-virus won't really tell you how good it is. A
> > reputable organization has to test how well it responds to malware.
> > It sounds to me you are just asking for an evaluation of its user
> > interface.
>
> There are lots of people posting on these groups who have inside
> knowledge as to how good these products are. For instance, we all
> agree that Norton and McAfee are useless, that MBAM is excellent, and
> that AVG is so-so.

I'm not sure we all agree on any of those things. For one thing,
Norton 2010 has been rated very highly by AV-Comparatives this last
time and the Symantec Corporate versions have always been decent.

From: ~BD~ on

"FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
| "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
| > sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com (David Kaye) wrote:
| >
| >>A customer has installed Vipre and I'm curious to know if it's any
| >>better than
| >>MS Security Essentials. Does anybody have *actual* experience with
| >>Vipre?
| >
| > So, I take it that the answer is no; nobody here has used it yet.
|
| It seems so. The fact is that I have never heard anyone except Mow
Green
| suggest it as one they trusted - had it not been for his post some
time
| back in a group far far away...I would probably not have known of its
| existence.

Surely you have read this item, FTR? http://vipre.malwarebytes.org/
If your system is infected, you need the most powerful combination to
clean it. Best of all, through this partnership between Sunbelt Software
and Malwarebytes, all the tools you need to scrub your PC clean are
free! If your system is infected with malware, here is what you should
do immediately:

1. Run VIPRE Rescue. Updated daily, VIPRE is a powerful command-line
tool that automatically cleans your system of viruses, trojans and other
malicious objects. The VIPRE Rescue Program is packaged into a
self-extracting executable file that will automatically run a scan of
your system. Malware definitions are included and updated daily, and the
program is self-running once executed. VIPRE Rescue can also be
installed on a USB stick for systems that are heavily infected.

Click here to download VIPRE Rescue. Additional instructions are also
available here.

2. Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a
powerful tool specialializing in advanced malware removal and
protection.

Click here to download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Additional
instructions are also available here.

Sunbelt customers: If you own VIPRE and are still infected after
following these two steps, you can receive free expert malware removal
by contacting Sunbelt Sofware support or visiting the Malwarebytes
forum.