From: Chris Wilkinson on
Hi there,

PerfectReign wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:48:27 -0700, Charlie took a five-minute break from
> flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:
>

>>I've got SuSe 10 installed on an x86_64 machine. I've got Mplayer
>>installed, w32codec_all installed, and the 32 bit mplayer browser plugin.
>>For the most part, mplayer works fine - it plays many wmv's, all mpg's,
>>all avi's, and many asf files just fine. It works as a plugin in firefox
>>as well for most things. However for some wmvs, some asfs, and the
>>streaming video on cnn.com I get audio but no video. How can I get video
>>as well as audio for these files? Is there a missing codec or something?
>>

> Just curious - did you have any other "media" programs running at the same
> time?
>
> I just tried this (32-bit) and had no problem

Is your complete system 32-bit? Reason I ask is that somehow now I'm
using xine 32-bit my surround sound is not working (a52 and dts decoders
get checksumming errors, due to alsa being 64-bit).

I'm trying to think of a way around this, other than to do a complete
new install of SuSE 10.0 Pro 32-bit, but I would like to retain 64-bit
for using POV-ray...<sigh> :-(

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.