From: Jenn on
"Leythos" <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote in message
> In article <hpm4ol$g26$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> nope(a)noway.atnohow.anyday says...
>> I go with the flow. Most people complain about the rules to others while
>> they don't follow the rules themselves. I'm at the stage in my life now
>> where I'm pretty comfy with who I am, and I've earned the right to do as
>> please, which doesn't really include doing anything harmful. As far as I
>> can tell, posting something that someone might take offense to because it
>> could be considered *off-topic* means nothing in the grand scheme of
>> life,
>> or even ngs. Next week the topic and complaints will move on to the
>> flavor
>> of the day.

> That's what I thought you would say, you're going to do what you want,

Don't you do what you want? Doesn't pretty much everyone?

> ignoring any rules or guidlines,

No more or less than you or the next poster ......

> because YOU want to

Just like you or anyone else.

>and you believe
> you're more important than what came before you.

What came before me has changed as will what comes after me will change.
Going with the flow just seem to be a logical thing to do.

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

From: Leythos on
In article <hpngbh$orv$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
me(a)nowhere.whocareswhatthisemailisanyway says...
> What came before me has changed as will what comes after me will change.
> Going with the flow just seem to be a logical thing to do.

The rules have NOT changed, only that we have more and more
inconsiderate, more self-centered, childish, immature, people posting to
usenet.

Trust yourself.
From: Jenn on
> In article <hpngbh$orv$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> me(a)nowhere.whocareswhatthisemailisanyway says...
>> What came before me has changed as will what comes after me will change.
>> Going with the flow just seem to be a logical thing to do.
>>

> The rules have NOT changed, only that we have more and more
> inconsiderate, more self-centered, childish, immature, people posting to
> usenet.

Well ... I'm not pitching a hissy fit here.. Just going with the flow of the
conversation.
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

From: Dustin Cook on
ASCII <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote in news:4bbee574.587109(a)EDCBIC:

> ~BD~ wrote:
>>
>>In the UK a red light at traffic lights means 'stop'. In parts of the
>>USA I believe a red light allows one to "turn right on a red" - have
>>*you* ever done that, Leythos? I found it felt good to do that! :)
>
> In many if not most intersections you can turn right on red, 'after
> you stop', and in California if both streets are one way, you can even
> turn left on red, after a stop. You must stop first in all cases and
> may then turn only if there isn't signage prohibiting these turns. (no
> turns on red etc).

Wowa.. You can turn left on a redlight in Cali? That must make for some
strange intersections.

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
Dustin Cook wrote:

> ASCII <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote in news:4bbee574.587109(a)EDCBIC:

>> ..and in California if both streets are one way, you can even turn
>> left on red, after a stop. ..
>
> Wowa.. You can turn left on a redlight in Cali? That must make for
> some strange intersections.

Pretty much the same all over... you are on a northbound one-way street
and the cross-street goes west. Would you want to turn right?

Flo from Progressive: "Do you have a driver's license?"

--
-bts