From: gufus on
Hello, ~BD~!

You wrote on Fri, 09 Apr 2010 10:30:14 +0100:

| gufus wrote:
>>
>> Remember the Golden Rule of the WWW:
>>
>> "Thou Shalt NOT excessively annoy others or
>> allow Thyself to become excessively annoyed."

| Thanks for reminding me, gufus.

Welcome.

For myself, I've had enough of alt.comp.anti-virus... I hope for the group's
sake, people calm down.

Take care.

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: FromTheRafters on
"Whoever" <whoever(a)wherever.invalid> wrote in message

> I'm not quite sure why you would think my earlier
> posting might be a forgery?

I'm not referring to any of your posts.

> A forgery of whom?

I was referring to only these two posts:

<hpj529$tuu$1(a)leythos.motzarella.org>
<hpls1g$2o4$1(a)leythos.motzarella.org>

> Another of Chris' sock puppets? To what end?

No, somebody trying to make a liar look even more like a liar - only
ending up giving PCButts plausible deniability.

> If it really bothers you not to know who I am, I'll toss in my old
> .sig
> file here.

I don't care, you are "whoever" and I have no reason to doubt your
posts.

PCButts has had forged posts in here before, and I suspect those were as
well.

> I just redid this system and haven't bothered to redo my
> newsreader sig. Frankly, I'm really wondering why I bother to follow
> usenet any more. The S/N ratio has dropped so low that it's rarely
> worth
> the time any more. Force of habit I guess....

Still some entertainment value, no?

ISTR your name from oh...about ten years ago in these groups.

From: FromTheRafters on
"Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> ASCII <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote in news:4bbee574.587109(a)EDCBIC:
>
>> ~BD~ wrote:
>>>
>>>In the UK a red light at traffic lights means 'stop'. In parts of the
>>>USA I believe a red light allows one to "turn right on a red" - have
>>>*you* ever done that, Leythos? I found it felt good to do that! :)
>>
>> In many if not most intersections you can turn right on red, 'after
>> you stop', and in California if both streets are one way, you can
>> even
>> turn left on red, after a stop. You must stop first in all cases and
>> may then turn only if there isn't signage prohibiting these turns.
>> (no
>> turns on red etc).
>
> Wowa.. You can turn left on a redlight in Cali? That must make for
> some
> strange intersections.

....and some highway interchanges have you exiting from the fast lane.

From: Dustin Cook on
"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <a.nony.mous(a)example.invalid> wrote in

> Dustin Cook wrote:
>
>> ASCII <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote in news:4bbee574.587109(a)EDCBIC:
>
>>> ..and in California if both streets are one way, you can even turn
>>> left on red, after a stop. ..
>>
>> Wowa.. You can turn left on a redlight in Cali? That must make for
>> some strange intersections.
>
> Pretty much the same all over... you are on a northbound one-way street
> and the cross-street goes west. Would you want to turn right?

I see your point, and we have roads like that here; but.. no signs that say
we can stop and turn left in most normal cases. :)

> Flo from Progressive: "Do you have a driver's license?"

Yes. I have her insurance too. LOL

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: Dustin Cook on
"FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in news:hpo503$f4t$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> "Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> ASCII <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote in news:4bbee574.587109(a)EDCBIC:

>>> In many if not most intersections you can turn right on red, 'after
>>> you stop', and in California if both streets are one way, you can
>>> even
>>> turn left on red, after a stop. You must stop first in all cases and
>>> may then turn only if there isn't signage prohibiting these turns.
>>> (no
>>> turns on red etc).
>>
>> Wowa.. You can turn left on a redlight in Cali? That must make for
>> some
>> strange intersections.
>
> ...and some highway interchanges have you exiting from the fast lane.

They've begun doing that on roads here.