From: Paul Heslop on
Savageduck wrote:

> On 2010-07-26 14:09:14 -0700, Paul Heslop <paul.heslop(a)blueyonder.co.uk> said:
>
> > ray wrote:

> >> It's been my general observation that if you take exception to the laws,
> >> it's better to direct your enmity at those who MAKE the laws than those
> >> who ENFORCE the laws.
> >
> > he's not a brit, he just uses us as something else to have a dig at.
>
> This conjures up visions of a Pythonesque invasion of Canada by a squad
> of "Special Constables", with the mission to track down Rich, and
> contain Canadian photographers so they do not threaten security at
> British railway stations.
>
> What would they do in Grand Fenwick?

heh maybe he really IS thinking of coming over here.

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
From: Paul Heslop on
"Chris F.A. Johnson" wrote:

> On 2010-07-26, Savageduck wrote:
> > What would they do in Grand Fenwick?
>
> Who knows? It's a Sellers market!

bum-bum-tish! :O)

From: Paul Heslop on
RichA wrote:

> On Jul 26, 5:18 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

> > > he's not a brit, he just uses us as something else to have a dig at.
> >
> > This conjures up visions of a Pythonesque invasion of Canada by a squad
> > of "Special Constables", with the mission to track down Rich, and
> > contain Canadian photographers so they do not threaten security at
> > British railway stations.
> >
> > What would they do in Grand Fenwick?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Savageduck
>
> Employing amateurs as cops is beyond Pythonesque.

they're not cops, they don't have cop rights, and many cops don't like
them either because they complicate issues. the simple fact is our new
shiny govt is cutting funding for everything to the bone so stupid
things like this will have to be done just to make figures of men on
the street look good.

From: Paul Heslop on
Savageduck wrote:

> On 2010-07-26 16:29:35 -0700, RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> said:
>
> > On Jul 26, 5:18 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

> > a:

> > ho

> > s,

> >> This conjures up visions of a Pythonesque invasion of Canada by a squad
> >> of "Special Constables", with the mission to track down Rich, and
> >> contain Canadian photographers so they do not threaten security at
> >> British railway stations.
> >>
> >> What would they do in Grand Fenwick?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Savageduck
> >
> > Employing amateurs as cops is beyond Pythonesque.
>
> Whooooosh!
>
> ...and here I was deluded into believing Canadians had a sense of humor.
>
> You need to come up for air from time to time.

yeah, I was once shocked to be attacked by a canadian on another forum
for being middle aged. now I am beginning to see they're not all
cheerful. hey, look, my view of canadians was as biased as his Is. of
brits, except mine was in a nice way.

From: Paul Heslop on
Savageduck wrote:

> On 2010-07-26 17:18:28 -0700, George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> said:
>

> > On 7/26/10 4:18 PM, in article
> > 201007261418578930-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"
> > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

> >> This conjures up visions of a Pythonesque invasion of Canada by a squad
> >> of "Special Constables", with the mission to track down Rich, and
> >> contain Canadian photographers so they do not threaten security at
> >> British railway stations.
> >>
> >> What would they do in Grand Fenwick?
> >
> > What would John Candy do?
>
> He would stay buried.
>
> Since you missed the "Duchy of Grand Fenwick" reference, that was to
> the 1950's satire "The Mouse that Roared" and the subsequent 1959 Peter
> Sellers movie of the same name.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

it's okay, I missed it too but I haven't slept and it's 7.20am!
--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/