From: Ian Bell on
I have just received a prototype PCB that I need to cut accurately to
size (double Eurocard). This is well beyond my poor hack sawing skills
so I am hoping there is someone not to far from me (Holt, UK) who has a
band saw or something similar that I can use.

Help?

Cheers

Ian
From: JB on

"Ian Bell" <ruffrecords(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have just received a prototype PCB that I need to cut accurately to size
>(double Eurocard). This is well beyond my poor hack sawing skills so I am
>hoping there is someone not to far from me (Holt, UK) who has a band saw or
>something similar that I can use.

Is that Holt, nr Melksham, Wiltshire?

JB

From: Ian Bell on
JB wrote:
> "Ian Bell"<ruffrecords(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I have just received a prototype PCB that I need to cut accurately to size
>> (double Eurocard). This is well beyond my poor hack sawing skills so I am
>> hoping there is someone not to far from me (Holt, UK) who has a band saw or
>> something similar that I can use.
>>
> Is that Holt, nr Melksham, Wiltshire?
>
> JB

It's Holt near Cromer on the North Norfolk coast.

Cheers

Ian
From: JB on

> JB wrote:
>> "Ian Bell"<ruffrecords(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> I have just received a prototype PCB that I need to cut accurately to
>>> size
>>> (double Eurocard). This is well beyond my poor hack sawing skills so I
>>> am
>>> hoping there is someone not to far from me (Holt, UK) who has a band saw
>>> or
>>> something similar that I can use.
>>>
>> Is that Holt, nr Melksham, Wiltshire?
>>
>> JB
>>

> It's Holt near Cromer on the North Norfolk coast.

That's buggered that then!

JB

From: Spehro Pefhany on
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:32:15 +0100, Ian Bell <ruffrecords(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I have just received a prototype PCB that I need to cut accurately to
>size (double Eurocard). This is well beyond my poor hack sawing skills
>so I am hoping there is someone not to far from me (Holt, UK) who has a
>band saw or something similar that I can use.
>
>Help?
>
>Cheers
>
>Ian

Find someone with a shear and get them to cut it. There will be zero
kerf. FR4 is abrasive and will quickly dull the blade, so don't be
surprised if they don't like doing it too often. I have half a dozen
places within cycling distance that have showrooms with metalworking
shears set up.. maybe you could ask for a demo.

Hmm.. I wonder if anyone makes a shear with a tungsten carbide blade..