From: measekite on
On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 07:24:33 -0800, georgeh wrote:

> On Nov 15, 3:02 pm, FBonVistaX64 <f...(a)npam.cmm> wrote:
>> measekite wrote:

>> > Are you and have you always used Canon ink?
>>
>> Why? What does that have to do with anything?
>
> What can I say? I have found that non-Canon ink will ruin my
> inkjet printer.

VERY TRUE

>I have used several Canon inkjet printers over
> the years -- 600, 620, now i850. Non-Canon ink caused blocked
> print heads; they could not be unblocked. The i850 has never
> experienced non-Canon ink.

> Genuine Canon ink cartridges can be found on eBay at very low
> prices. Why? I do not know, but I suspect stockroom losses at
> various businesses. That is none of my business.

It may be possible that what you thought was inexpensive genuine ink carts
on eBay was counterfeit. eBay is a perfect place to sell counterfeits.

> I print a lot of pages with photos embedded in the text. Probably
> 10K a year, so cost per page is an important consideration.

If you are not after quality then maybe if you can get these printers
cheap enough it may be worth it to use the inferior ink and replace your
printer frequently.

From: FBonVistaX64 on
georgeh(a)ankerstein.org wrote:

>>> Are you and have you always used Canon ink?
>> Why? What does that have to do with anything?
>
> What can I say? I have found that non-Canon ink will ruin my
> inkjet printer. I have used several Canon inkjet printers over
> the years -- 600, 620, now i850. Non-Canon ink caused blocked
> print heads; they could not be unblocked. The i850 has never
> experienced non-Canon ink.
>
> Genuine Canon ink cartridges can be found on eBay at very low
> prices. Why? I do not know, but I suspect stockroom losses at
> various businesses. That is none of my business.
>
> I print a lot of pages with photos embedded in the text. Probably
> 10K a year, so cost per page is an important consideration.
>
> GFH
*BULLSHIT*!!!
From: BobN on
On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 07:24:33 -0800 (PST), georgeh(a)ankerstein.org wrote:

> On Nov 15, 3:02�pm, FBonVistaX64 <f...(a)npam.cmm> wrote:
>> measekite wrote:

>>> Are you and have you always used Canon ink?
>>
>> Why? What does that have to do with anything?
>
> What can I say? I have found that non-Canon ink will ruin my
> inkjet printer. I have used several Canon inkjet printers over
> the years -- 600, 620, now i850. Non-Canon ink caused blocked
> print heads; they could not be unblocked. The i850 has never
> experienced non-Canon ink.
>
> Genuine Canon ink cartridges can be found on eBay at very low
> prices. Why? I do not know, but I suspect stockroom losses at
> various businesses. That is none of my business.
>
> I print a lot of pages with photos embedded in the text. Probably
> 10K a year, so cost per page is an important consideration.
>
> GFH

I, on the other hand, have never used Canon inks, and I have neer had so
much as a single problem.
From: georgeh on
On Nov 16, 11:24 am, FBonVistaX64 <f...(a)npam.cmm> wrote:
> >> Why? What does that have to do with anything?
>
> > What can I say?  I have found that non-Canon ink will ruin my
> > inkjet printer.  I have used several Canon inkjet printers over
> > the years -- 600, 620, now i850.  Non-Canon ink caused blocked
> > print heads; they could not be unblocked.  The i850 has never
> > experienced non-Canon ink.
>
> > Genuine Canon ink cartridges can be found on eBay at very low
> > prices.  Why?  I do not know, but I suspect stockroom losses at
> > various businesses.  That is none of my business.
>
> > I print a lot of pages with photos embedded in the text.  Probably
> > 10K a year, so cost per page is an important consideration.
>
> > GFH
>
> *BULLSHIT*!!!

Which? I print 10K a year? I had blocked print heads in the 600 and
620? Genuine Canon ink cartridges can be found on Ebay? They may
be stockroom losses? It is none of my business?

OR, you sell inferior non-Canon ink?

GFH
From: georgeh on
On Nov 16, 3:02 pm, BobN <b...(a)xspamx.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 07:24:33 -0800 (PST), geor...(a)ankerstein.org wrote:

> >> Why? What does that have to do with anything?
>
> > What can I say?  I have found that non-Canon ink will ruin my
> > inkjet printer.  I have used several Canon inkjet printers over
> > the years -- 600, 620, now i850.  Non-Canon ink caused blocked
> > print heads; they could not be unblocked.  The i850 has never
> > experienced non-Canon ink.
>
> > Genuine Canon ink cartridges can be found on eBay at very low
> > prices.  Why?  I do not know, but I suspect stockroom losses at
> > various businesses.  That is none of my business.
>
> > I print a lot of pages with photos embedded in the text.  Probably
> > 10K a year, so cost per page is an important consideration.
>
> > GFH
>
> I, on the other hand, have never used Canon inks, and I have neer had so
> much as a single problem.

Quite possible, if you print frequently. I tend to print in spurts,
with long
intervals between printer usages. My experience is that one month of
no
printing puts the printer at risk.

GFH