From: Amy Moore on
We are using the Canon i860 desktop color printer.
This printer comes with 5 color ink cartridges.
Last few months, after we installed new Canon 3e - the large black ink
cartridge, ink will be empty within few hours, even without printing
anything. So far, we went through 6 new ink cartridges. We also clean and
replaced the print head assembly (we purchased 2 new printer heads) with the
same result. Any one out there has the same experiences and how to fix this
problem?

Thank you.

From: Amy Moore on
Our tech opened the printer, and do not find puddle of inks inside the
printer.

From: measekite on
On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 07:39:02 -0800, Amy Moore wrote:

> We are using the Canon i860 desktop color printer.
> This printer comes with 5 color ink cartridges.
> Last few months, after we installed new Canon 3e - the large black ink
> cartridge, ink will be empty within few hours, even without printing
> anything. So far, we went through 6 new ink cartridges. We also clean and
> replaced the print head assembly (we purchased 2 new printer heads) with the
> same result. Any one out there has the same experiences and how to fix this
> problem?
>
> Thank you.

Are you and have you always used Canon ink?
From: FBonVistaX64 on
measekite wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 07:39:02 -0800, Amy Moore wrote:
>
>> We are using the Canon i860 desktop color printer.
>> This printer comes with 5 color ink cartridges.
>> Last few months, after we installed new Canon 3e - the large black ink
>> cartridge, ink will be empty within few hours, even without printing
>> anything. So far, we went through 6 new ink cartridges. We also clean and
>> replaced the print head assembly (we purchased 2 new printer heads) with the
>> same result. Any one out there has the same experiences and how to fix this
>> problem?
>>
>> Thank you.
>
> Are you and have you always used Canon ink?

Why? What does that have to do with anything?
From: georgeh on
On Nov 15, 3:02 pm, FBonVistaX64 <f...(a)npam.cmm> wrote:
> measekite wrote:
> > On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 07:39:02 -0800,  Amy Moore wrote:
>
> >> We are using the Canon i860 desktop color printer.
> >> This printer comes with 5 color ink cartridges.
> >> Last few months, after we installed new Canon 3e - the large black ink
> >> cartridge, ink will be empty within few hours, even without printing
> >> anything. So far, we went through 6 new ink cartridges. We also clean and
> >> replaced the print head assembly (we purchased 2 new printer heads) with the
> >> same result. Any one out there has the same experiences and how to fix this
> >> problem?
>
> >> Thank you.
>
> > Are you and have you always used Canon ink?
>
> Why? What does that have to do with anything?

What can I say? I have found that non-Canon ink will ruin my
inkjet printer. I have used several Canon inkjet printers over
the years -- 600, 620, now i850. Non-Canon ink caused blocked
print heads; they could not be unblocked. The i850 has never
experienced non-Canon ink.

Genuine Canon ink cartridges can be found on eBay at very low
prices. Why? I do not know, but I suspect stockroom losses at
various businesses. That is none of my business.

I print a lot of pages with photos embedded in the text. Probably
10K a year, so cost per page is an important consideration.

GFH